Front door gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have some pretty badly leaking doors on my 40. The PO must have changed them as they look fairly new and are soft still. However, they have very bad air intrusion in perticular around the door latches and in general. Here in the cold weather part of the country the heater cant keep up at all. Are there better options out there for the truck that you all have had better results with? Please direct me if you would.

I have heard OEM weather strips are the only good option. i will be going this route when my project is complete. There are alot of other areas that let cold air in like the top of the window frame to hardtop, Tranny hump.

Tried aftermarket and wished I hadn't wasted my money , have OEM now and should have gone OEM from the start spend the extra and get the right kit.

Tried aftermarket and wished I hadn't wasted my money , have OEM now and should have gone OEM from the start spend the extra and get the right kit.

Ditto...exactly. Save yourself the PITA of all aftermarket versions. With the hardtop my truck can be in our famous rains without so much as a little puddle inside.

Pics would help... it could be something else... or some way to fix.

The main area really seems to be right at the latch but there is air leaking all around the door. I realize this thing isnt going to be tight like a 2016 vehicle but if I could get it a little better I could ride without a coat :)

Here are some pictures, hell for all I know these may be OEM.....

IMG_4521.JPG
IMG_4522.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG

It does look like aftermarket weatherstripping. I've added thinner weatherstripping in some areas to tighten up my OEM stuff.

You may also be able to tighten up things by moving the strike further in.

Replacing the foam in the heater could also help... Along with a functioning rear heater.

Im glad to hear it looks like aftermarket, gives me some hope that OEM stuff might do a better job.

It does have a front and rear heater that have been rebuilt and work very well, that's not the issue. Going down the road at anything over 45 mph there is a STRONG draft from around the door latch to the point that my arm and chest freeze while my feet are toasty warm. The heaters simply cant keep the cabin warm despite good heat from both heaters. Just hoping that the gaskets are the issue and replacing them would help.

Do you have seal that goes around the post between the tub and the hardtop.

Looks after market to me as well, get some OEM seals and adjust the strike so the door is pulled in tighter. Might seem a bit tight at first but they crush up a bit.

FYI, earlier pre 72 weatherstripping works fine in place of NLA 73/74 weatherstripping. I've asked it here before in a different thread, and other mud members have shown pics and reported it works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom