Four Days stuck in 1st and 2nd gear low Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More Creek bed and road grading and making the trail easier pics ;)
20140517_103757.jpg
20140517_103031.jpg
20140517_102714.jpg

Here I got happy again after the first 10 km that is now graded the trail got to the same old trail we have grown to love ;)
20140517_115314.jpg
20140517_115347.jpg
20140519_112956.jpg

im posting this because now because I am getting excited for a trip in there on August long as long as the fire restrictions are lifted in that area.
Happy Friday! ;)

Reactions: kim
lookin forward to story and pics bud.

Ha ha, sorry Neil, I didn't take any pics, but quick story is they had culverts and graded the trail into a road for the first 10 km to the river crossing (medic truck right at the falls) then we powered in under hazy skies and camped at our normal spot at the second river crossing then went in and cleared another km of the trail, so now we are about 2.5km left of trail clearing for a nice run to the lake. Powered out and stopped to talk to some of the workers on the road said they are doing more exploration in there and pushing a road past the river crossing on the one side into the mountains and still plan possibly to go back over the river with either a bridge or helicopter in, but trying to get word from the government to see if our adopt a trail came in yet so we can atleast be able to talk to these guys and give our two cents, especially if they decide to make a mine out there we still want to be able to access the trail past their mine.
Cheers,
Deny

Keep us posted pal. Neil

yeah thats the company that has been doing the exploration in there and graded the first 10 km to the falls. Sucks big time. Hopefully they communicate with us seeing we have recived approval to maintain the trail through the governement as a recreational trail!

Reactions: kim
Well, got to go in for another weekend, was a blast, the river was a little high to pull the trailer in, but I did anyway, got the hot tub going, sat around the fire a little, and drank a few beers, life without cell service is best ;)
IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG
Well the weekend started pretty well on Friday, with us able to take off a bit early and got to site trailering our rigs to trailhead. we camped there that night and watched a mini trailer park set up not too far away with over 11 trailers and RVs and a million quads. Morning it rained and snowed and was generally pretty miserable taking down camp. Stopped at the falls and saw that the river had swelled due to the rain all night and the falls were just roaring. Usual suspects, me and my buddy adam and his bronco, plus my gf joined me as well as another buddy joined adam.

IMG_1215.JPG
First trip for little pup and she did well, except for the final visit at the falls before heading home and she chewed through my iphone cable ;) She pretty much slept the whole time in the truck in her little tarp bed ;)

edit- and yes I did have to pull my old fisherman hat from under my seat to weather the snow/rain storm which i haven't worn for over 10 years since my coastal days ;)

Last edited:
IMG_1213.JPG
I don't have photos from the really flooded river we crossed, but I will describe the situation. We ran into a bunch of rednecks pulling a small river boat in on the trail (which has been upgraded to decent crappy road by exploration) and they were drunk hoping to drop the boat in the river. But it was raging and they decided they would wait till they sobered up the next day. Did I mention it was before noon. anyway we just finished up having early lunch and headed to a little up stream to the area we cross and they followed us. They started freaking out that we were going to cross the river saying we would get washed down stream, that the current would flip us over and we would drown. My poor GF had never seen the river so high and was freaked right out. But both adam and I had crossed it a little higher so we were confident, although me pulling my trailer across had me a little nervous. Anyway Adam pulled his fan belt off and I tied off my 200ft rope winch line and he was off making it look pretty easy but still struggling up the current. The red necks all hollard see told you the old bronco would make it, ha the drunks ;) Anyway I got the gf convinced we knew what we were doing and headed off, the whole way she was wimpering please, please please please.........she even started squeeking a little when my fan threw up some water and a little steam was rising from my hood as the water lapped just up to the top of the hood, but even with the anchor, the old wagon made it across without a hitch. Took my gf a while and a beer to calm down but she soon had a smile on her face again. The snow pack was really low this year and we barely ran into any snow drifts.

yeah my GF has a video of adam going through the big creek and adam has a little bit of the end of my crossing but need to get those so I can post up, but no promises, sometimes takes a while to get that stuff from them ;)

Well then after all was settled down, we continued down the trail and got to the large flooded area (only in the spring right after snow melt) and traversed the trail making sure to avoid any of the deep holes that we know about since we travel the site when it is dry too. I always like driving this section of the trail when the water is high as it reminds me of my early cruiser days and seeing the Alaska cruiser crew articles in toyota trails of crossing beaver ponds and wishing one day to do the same;)
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like a fun trip!

IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1236.JPG
IMG_1234.JPG
It was Phil. After the wet flooded area, we went on to the only difficult section next to the deep river crossing and this creek and climb out was slick, so we had to first try airing down a little more, then still had to winch and then I almost made it, and would have if I didn't have the trailer, so adam gave me a quick tug.

What are the long poles for? This is one of my favourite threads on this whole forum.

Ha ha, knew someone would ask ;) Quite a few years ago we welded up a little temporary structure to hold a tarp, which we set up in the spring and kept on there all summer (heavy duty canvus tarps). Worked like a charp, till me and my gf went in Sept long two years ago intending to take it down but adam convinced me we would make one more trip in there before winter. Well that trip didn't happen and snow crushed it that winter. So we brought in a few poles, a welder and generator and grinder and cut up the scrap, welded up a few poles, and next time we go in, will have it all set up again, then take all the scrap twisted peices out again. Structure is awsome, we roll up while it's raining and are all set up, just back trucks to it and usually have a bit of fire wood still around to get a nice blaze going quickly. It works perfect for the days we leave town late and roll into camp late. It is nice for the quaders in the area too as if they get caught in a rain storm they can dry up under there before heading for the 20km trip out.

Lets hope the mine doesn't shut this place down, cause will be the end of this thread for sure! ;)

Last edited:
Once at camp, we stayed at the river crossing for a couple days and just relaxed and filled up the hot tub through the coil system. We brought another coil and got the tub just roasty!. Poor dog had two other friends to play with and was just tuckered out by the time we left ;) Not a bad place to spend a weekend for sure!
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1248.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom