Four Days stuck in 1st and 2nd gear low Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ON monday we packed up and headed home. only took one picture of Adam crossing back to civilization, we did have to stop and have lunch on the south side, just so we could have one more lunch, free of quaders and rednecks that were waiting for us on the other side of the river ;) The river was quite a bit lower then coming in.
IMG_1251.JPG

:popcorn:

Well done .

In anticipation of the Clunker Run, Adam and I took a little rip into the area on Sleds this weekend and found it is pretty much in the same state that we left it last May Long weekend. We had to cross the river and do a little deep water sled crossing, but only got the feet a little wet, the river was the lowest we have ever seen it, but with sleds it was a little too deep ;)
IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

Mostly an easy run in there as there was no snow, but we got to base camp and had a fire and a few smokies. Things were warm and all was melting, not much snow in the area so might be an early spring in there and May long might not have too many snow drifts to bust through.
IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

Well back from an excellent trip into the area. There is almost no snow (we ended up making it to the lake (punching through deep snow drifts), which we usually can't make to until July when all the snow usually melts. The water level was really low so crossing the rivers was really easy and should be the rest of the summer, which allowed quaders to get as far as we did. Anyway had a good time camping and we had 5 trucks make it in (most trucks we have had on the trail at once, which was a good test for the CCC where 12 trucks could possibly show up! ;) Hot tub was really nice, we added a seat and made room for the 8 people we had up there nice and comfortable. We figure we could squeeze 13 people in at once if we wanted ;) I didn't take many pictures but my buddy Chris that tagged along too about 200 (he was like a tourist and was really amazed with the area as it was his first time in there) so hopefully I get some of those to post up!
IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

Looks like a good time, cant' wait for the pictures.

Sorry thought I posted the rest of my pictures, but see I didn't, so here are a few more crappy ones, one to show camp and sunny weather we had on Monday as I took a walk with the dog in the morning, then just on a new obstacle that was created this winter when a giant rock fell on the trail and we had to crawl around it. Don't hold your breath on my buddy getting me the photos ;) note the first time another cruiser has been on the trail, Jim and Lindsay's old HJ60 that a buddy's buddy bought, sprung over and put some boggers on.
IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

Nice. Thought I'd finally get up there to do the trip for the CCC run, but just can't see making two trips north this year, so Sept it is. Tumblers not going anywhere.

Nice, can you let Amanda know, she doesn't trust me in counting ;) Yeah we have this trail dialed in pretty good now, it is not such a big expedition for us anymore, so just make a plan anytime and I will make it work to take you in there ;)

found a few pictures on face book that a buddy posted of the snow we ran into ;)
13315782_10156900112360366_1629268955557484732_n.jpg

13322141_10156900109745366_1710820583826028756_n.jpg

So we just spent Canadian Clunker Classic in the trail for a week and had an amazing time. 7 trucks and 13 people. Busy at work so wont get much pictures up, but Charla said she will post up a bunch on the CCC website and when she does I will post a link.
DSCF0766.JPG

DSCF0741.JPG

DSCF0773.JPG

DSCF0803.JPG

A few of us did a hike up one of the mountains next to the trail and had some nice views of the valley, camp down below at the river, and just hanging out with our friends.
DSCF0819.JPG
DSCF0822.JPG

DSCF0826.JPG

DSCF0825.JPG

Went to the area for our honeymoon after the recent wedding ;) Was a nice place to get away from people after a busy week of prep and partying. First time I went camping and drank less then 5 beers ;) Didn't see a soul, was perfect and the colours in there were amazing. Bad news is the mine guys are building a road around and over a mountain to get around the big river crossing, so might be a lot more people in there pretty soon!
IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

Thanks,

Tumbler Ridge is known for Coal, but these guys are actually following a seam of Phosphate they want to use as organic fertilizer.

no may long trip in there this year to see it in high water I'm guessing? you know if anything came of the mining exploration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom