FJ60+62+(Z)80+ v8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Condolences on your 80. :(

Looking forward to seeing the build, and you back in a croozah. :steer:

Thanks for the condolences and good vibes folks! That is what I like about Mud, good people, good trucks and no worries.

Got a lot done on the 80 over the weekend. Lot's more to do but stripping it is in full swing. Not sure how long this build will take me, I have not decided if I am just going to slap this together or go deeper with new paint, new v8 and more. A buddy is already hassling me that I got 5-6 months to have the truck ready for Baja. I told him I may need him to take me down this time! :)

Cheers

It took me 6 months to do my ghetto frame swap....
So yeah your buddy it's right..
((((((You can do it...!!! )))))):bounce:

I say go with a 5.3 or even better a 6.0....

EDIT: Also a 6 speed AT would be sweet..

Last edited:
Ordered a bunch of parts from Amyama today. Mostly interior trim bits, weatherstripping and dash switches like the wiper/headlight switches. I want to buy this stuff before it is NLA.

Cheers

Ian,

I have quite a bit of odd and end stuff if you need anything, let me know..I'll dig through my crap for you.

J

Thanks Jason, I am mostly after new parts, weatherstripping and trim bits. My 62 is in great shape and doesn't need much but I wanted the rubber and plastic bits before you can't get them anymore. I bought window runs, door weatherstripping, few interior trim bits, steering column switches and stuff like this.

Cheers

Thanks Jason, I am mostly after new parts, weatherstripping and trim bits. My 62 is in great shape and doesn't need much but I wanted the rubber and plastic bits before you can't get them anymore. I bought window runs, door weatherstripping, few interior trim bits, steering column switches and stuff like this.

Cheers

I have a full 62 steering column as well. Well the offer stands if I can help..

J

Few more pics of the 62 so you can see how clean it is. A lot of this was before tear down, obviously. It is a great truck, rust free and I am excited to do up this build.

fj62 7.jpg

fj62 6.jpg

fj62 5.jpg

Engine bay is pretty ready to rock a new motor. :)
fj62 motor1.jpg

Rest of the truck is stripped and about ready to go with the build too.
FJ62 tear down1.jpg

Cheers

For the glove compartment? I have a really nice one.. I might have the rear heat assy as well. I'll look tomorrow.

J

Ya dash mounted passenger side oh s*** handle, see pic above. Unsure on rear heater, don't plan to run the 62 console so may use the one from the 80 or just delete it.

I kind of want to run the 80 shifter assembly. Worked great for me in the 80 and not a big fan of the 62 style or the aftermarket ones.

Cheers

Ya dash mounted passenger side oh s*** handle, see pic above. Unsure on rear heater, don't plan to run the 62 console so may use the one from the 80 or just delete it.

I kind of want to run the 80 shifter assembly. Worked great for me in the 80 and not a big fan of the 62 style or the aftermarket ones.

Cheers

Yep I have that grab bar.. I'll PM you a shipped price in a bit.

J

subscribed.

Pretty much have made up my mind, I am replacing the 5.7L vortec with a new v8. Just can't make up my mind, 6.2L is to much cash though so don't think I am doing that. Honestly an LQ9 and a 4l80e doesn't look to promising either. But eyeing a few L33 HO 5.3's. For not a lot of cash I have found a few rebuilt ready to go with the newer 4L60e attached, 2wd. Considering the 5.7L treated me alright a 5.3L HO I am sure will stoke me. Looking pretty appealing to just buy as package ready to drop in. Or I will just buy a cheap $500 L59 and build it up.

Getting close to making a purchase for the v8. From the front doors back the 80 is stripped and some forward of the front doors. Sawzall/plasma/4" grinder to what is left is in the near future.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom