FJ60+62+(Z)80+ v8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I, I've always wanted one of those, let us know how you like it.

I'll make my routine wrecking yard visits this coming week. I'll see what I can find on the L92 for you. Always a plethora of Yukons and 1500/2500s in these 2 yards. I'll call you if I run across anything of worth.

J

For sure keep the feelers out Jason, I am shopping but not in a rush, looking for the right deal. Got some requests out for quotes from the site posted above. I think a 6.2L is going to happen and it looks like if needed a reman 6L80 can be had for about $2k. Thanks Frank, haha you made me want the 6.2 and 6spd! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Don't forget IAAI.com too, lots of stuff t-boned and rear ended that have perfectly good drive trains.

I bought mine when I was custom painting RC helicopters and have used it for about 25 years now. Your lungs will thank you for it. Even when the mask gets a gap the air pressure prevents outside air from entering. Make sure to keep the intake filter clean.

Thinking about going coilovers in the front. Reason: I have a nice FJ80 frame that I have already stripped all the body mounts off of. I also cut off the front suspension since I was going to run c/o's on that truck. Not really wanting to do a 3-link (although I got all the control arms and JJ's) but I am thinking c/o's. King 2.5's can be had for $1200-1300. Already got the RS 12" shock towers sitting here too. My thoughts, going this route saves some work as the 80 frame is prepped for building.

Cheers

Straight outa' Japan! It is not called a "resto" mod for nothing. :cool:

resto.jpg

resto2.jpg

resto3.jpg

resto6.jpg

Nearly there on a rolling chassis with the 80.

resto7.jpg

Cheers

That dashboard looks sexy as @#$% !!!

Wow. Beautiful!

I didn't know the quarter panel emblems had shine like that new lol

jealous of that pile of rubber seals :eek:

Is nekid

Not much happening with the project this last week or two. Been focusing on getting the 97 vortec into a 94 work truck. Got to say I hate pulling a Chevy engine from a Chevy truck of this vintage. Real PITA to get the TBI 350 & NV4500 out of the old work truck. We are painting up the work truck too so all this is hogging up time & shop space right now. 94 work truck is about halfway prepped for paint now though, NV4500 separated from the blown TBI. Cleaned up the NV4500 and NP241, it was super filthy, looks like rear main seal on the TBI was the cause.

NV45001.JPG

That trans & t-case are good to go, new clutch for it too and flywheel is good. Probably pulling the 97 vortec from the Cruiser today and hoping I have everything I need to mate it to the NV4500. Drop all that in the work truck and figure out the wiring. Done deal then and I can get back to working on the Cruiser.

Cheers

Mr. Toyota sent me another box from Japan recently, got this last week.

new parts.jpg

Been working on the work truck, got it painted, two-tone. Good practice for what is to come on the Cruiser.

Of course the TBI to vortec swap in the work truck is not plug and play, knew that going into it. The can o' worms is going about how I thought it would. I am still trying to verify but it seems I need a slightly different input shaft in the old 94 NV4500 to mate it to the 97 vortec. That or a different bellhousing? Anybody got the answer to that question? I can't find measurements of bellhousing online but the later vortec one ran an internal slave. The 97 vortec going into the work truck had the 4L60e behind it, the TBI pilot bearing, flywheel, clutch and bellhousing all bolt up to the vortec but the input shaft on the trans seems wrong, about 1/4"-1/2" gap between trans and bellhousing once it is all put together. I have got a new in box 96+ GM NV4500, at least I think it is GM and not Dodge, and the input shaft on it is different in spline length, ect. Going to double check the new in box NV4500 one last time today to make sure it is not the Dodge, some of the reading I have done leads me to believe the early and late GM NV4500 input shafts are the same, it is the bellhousing that is different. In the end I will make it happen and one of the last things I will have to do is get the ECU flashed for the manual over the auto.

Cheers

Success on the work truck swap. 97 vortec bolted to the 94 NV4500. Ready to go and drop in the ole' crummy.

v8.JPG

More to do but it is nice to have this part out of the way and moving forward with getting this out of the shop and put to use!

Cheers

What was the issue bellhousing or shaft?

Neither, just was being a huge bitch to line up.

Bought some steel today and some big "off-road" 400lbs casters. Making a cart for the 62 body.

Cheers

I made this one out of a rack I cut off the top of an off road trailer.

10014424_763126713718222_5545041965232000784_o.jpg

I ended up extending it and adding two more casters. It works pretty well, can move it around alone, real easy when I pull it with ATV

10372875_781826811848212_7663071447510160430_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom