PTO Winch vs a V8 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rmlca.ab.ca
My 3B swapped Fj60 has a PTO winch, and I am am planning a V8 swap in the next year or so. Has anyone managed to snake the PTO shaft past a V8 in a 60? I can't see how it will all fit, but I thought I would see if anyone knows of it being done.

Might get tight with exhaust but a 2F/3F/3FE all have the exhaust on the driver's side.

I agree that its tight and I don't think it will fit. The drivers side exhaust will be in the way.

I was just fishing for anyone that has tried it, and/or successfully done it.

PTO1.jpg

PTO2.jpg

man. Ive always wondered why there was so much room on the drivers side of the 60 and it seems like everything is crammed into the passenger side. Guess this is why!

I put an LS3/4L70E/60 series split case in a 1979 FJ55 with a PTO winch. Modified the drive shaft a bit along with the mount for the carrier bearing and the shifter linkage. I would think it is doable in a 60 as well.

☝️This...I also put a 5.3 with an H55 and split case in my 55 with a factory PTO. The 60 has a wider frame up front than a 55, so should be easier. I made my own carrier bearing mount for the PTO driveshaft as well. I used Sanderson headers and in the end it is a very tight fit, but doable.

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

Last edited:
☝️This...I also put a 5.3 with an H55 and split case in my 55 with a factory PTO. The 60 has a wider frame up front than a 55, so should be easier. I made my own carrier bearing mount for the PTO driveshaft as well. I used Sanderson headers and in the end it is a very tight fit, but doable.
Thank you! that gives me the inspiration to give that a try. I'd like to keep my winch bumper.

IMG_3079.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom