FJ 60 Power Steering Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.windermere.com
Not too sure if I should post this in the 40, 45 or 60 series forum but I'll try here since I know you guys a little better. I put a 1983 FJ60 Power steering setup in my 1966 FJ45 LPB. I put the running gear from a 1977 FJ40 (Canadian if it matters) including a good running 2F/4speed. I had to adapt the mount for the power steering pump since the block wasn't drilled for it, but it's been working great for a couple of years. The power steering pump has slowly been getting noisier and noiser and is leaking out around the front seal and foaming the fluid. I've tried O'rielly's and NAPA and they all want you to send in your pump to be rebuilit, but it's only $75. I called SOR, but they want $500 for a new pump. I went on Rock Auto and same as the others, they want you to send it in but it's also $75. Thought I'd check on here and see if anyone has or knows of a source for a rebuilt pump before I send this one in. It's my daily driver but I've had it parked long enough now I should have just sent it in. Thank you for any help.

I got one at pep boys many moons ago and it was fine. The core charge was about $75 or so.

I also bought a new one from cruiser Dan at American Toyota in Albuquerque for about $300 IIRC.

I got one at pep boys many moons ago and it was fine. The core charge was about $75 or so.

I also bought a new one from cruiser Dan at American Toyota in Albuquerque for about $300 IIRC.

Thank you. I live right near the Canadian border, so I just called a Lordco up there and they said they could order me one for about $200, but it would take two to three weeks. I was just back on the rock auto site and they have a rebuild kit including a new bearing for $22, so I think I'll get that coming and try that. Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom