3FE Power Steering Pump On A 1F (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserkreutz

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm planning out my FJ60 power steering conversion on my 1974 FJ40. It has a 1969 1F engine that was swapped in at some point by a previous owner.
I'm considering putting in a 3FE pump and bracket from an 80 series. This will mount it on the right side of the engine getting it away from the alternator and air cleaner.
I'm curious who has done this and if there was any issues. I've got a double harmonic balancer pulley that will hopefully line up with the pump pulley.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Here are some pictures of the mount and pump setup I got off the internet.

44443-60050mountjpg.image.watermark.300x200.jpg
44443-60050mount_01jpg.image.watermark.150x115.jpg

I've done this several times and it works great. I've posted about it before, do a search and it should come up. You'll need a double groove water pump pulley as well.

I've done this several times and it works great. I've posted about it before, do a search and it should come up. You'll need a double groove water pump pulley as well.
I did a search and only got this thread:
Unfortunately not a lot of information in there.

Maybe your posts are buried in a build thread somewhere.

Did you have to have custom hoses made, or do stock FJ80 hoseswork? I'll be using an 1986 FJ60 box.

Isn't the issue with a '69 head is it is missing the lower threaded hole for mounting? You'll catch the two upper holes that are there for the engine lifting hook, but I wouldn't personally trust them for a PS pump mounting without some other external means of adding rigidity. I think the 1.5F heads have the three holes required for this to work right....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom