fj 45 lv, do i save it? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That doesn't look too bad. Strip it down and get to sanding and wirewheeling. That thing would be awesome to have. Make sure you have a sand blaster available too. You could always save money by putting a 350 in it instead of trying to rebuild that old f 135. You could also part it our i looks like it might have some parts that would work on many of the early 40's. I think its saveable but it would be a long process to get it up to par. Personally if it's a toyota and it's free I would make room in my garage for it.

Shouldn't take over 50 g's and a few years of your free labor....

The bezel in on right, so you've got that going for ya.
I have seen much worse than that. If you can get it for cheap and can store it for cheap it would be a great project worthy of thousands of pictures and documentation.
The fun will start right away when you have to get it out of the holes in which it sits.
keep us informed.

Well thats your problem right there!
102_1641.jpg

I'm in the rescue it for your self or somebody else camp.

Sweet find, that rig is too rare to rip apart, it deserves a resto. Some patience and a lot of cash it'll be good as new.

Incredible challenge. If you really want to go through the pain, it would be well worth it. I'm a glutton for punishment but usually the fun is in the project.

Tripper

Well, if I found that near me I would jump on it for anything under $1k.
I have seen people pay $4k- $5k for that as is.
You can get most of parts here.
Full restore $20K or more.
But I would do it for me and keep it.
Though I would be tempted to put a diesel in it:)
At the very least get that beauty, take the weeds out and post it up in the 45 classifieds.
What a find

resto that girl if not at least save it for some one else. there is a green one here brought in from out of country that is slowly under the knife and it is beautiful to see.

Well, if I found that near me I would jump on it for anything under $1k.
I have seen people pay $4k- $5k for that as is.
You can get most of parts here.
Full restore $20K or more.
But I would do it for me and keep it.
Though I would be tempted to put a diesel in it:)
At the very least get that beauty, take the weeds out and post it up in the 45 classifieds.
What a find

I assure you, 20k wouldn't come ANYWHERE NEAR a full restore. You're looking at a vehicle that needs every thing. Every single thing. Frame, wiring, hydraulics, brakes, masters, engine, driveline, not to mention thousand hours of body, interior, paint, and trim...it's cool alright, but I'd hate to see it end up as an unfinished project, which is where it's headed without a serious infusion of a year or two's salary and multiple years of labor. Just trying to be sensible :)

just get it running(probably needs a motor) and the lights working and drive it. it doesn't have to be a show car to be cool and fun. and as far as resto goes... do you want to spend you free time fixing a land cruiser or driving one.
eric

"Every single thing. Frame, wiring, hydraulics, brakes, masters, engine, driveline,"

hydros would be baller yo.
3.gif

well little update i finally had time to get her out of the woods abit and to where it can be towed to my home. super easy and after maybe 15 years? the rear tires still had air and the fronts only needed about 15 psi lol.

102_2107.jpg

102_2108.jpg

102_2109.jpg

uh oh the rear diff leaks!

102_2110.jpg

102_2111.jpg

102_2112.jpg

102_2114.jpg

102_2115.jpg

102_2117.jpg

i hope the two of them get along together.

pick up a 2F ..stick it in and after it is running get the brakes done and you will be in hawg heaven.....fix up the details as you go; to many full restorations that get abandoned.......just my 0.02......

Lou

Keep us posted! Definitely Save it! Of course I'm talking with your money!

You have earned great cruiser karma. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom