fj 45 lv, do i save it? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i recently was offered this beautiful piece of technology out of the blue and wasnt really sure how much of a trainwreck i could be getting into. i've seen afew others on ih8mud and realized how rare these seem to be. its your typical rust wagon but have no idea the availablity of parts or interchangability between the 40 series, same drivetrain? what can i look forward to as far as replacement parts that will work? its been in the woods for awhile and will need a new brake system for sure as well as motor work etc.

102_1644.jpg

102_1640.jpg

102_1643.jpg

102_1642.jpg

102_1641.jpg

any suggestions?

That will buff right out !! NICE FIND .... You could give it to me if your not into it.

Welcome to the house that MUD built :flipoff2:

Just ask yourself what it's worth to you in money ( to buy it ) and money your willing to put into it... and the time as well. :D

Repost this down in the 45 group--its right above the Fj55 section--these folks have seen/done it all with these rigs so they know availability...and you're right...they're rare so you can see what you may be up against....They are stud like when they're fixed up---Good Luck!

Just change the oil and give her a go! :D

Honestly, I have seen worse, and I have seen better.

Could be fun if you are into bringing something back to life!

Rezarf <><

Its a TOYOTA, it will run .... ;)

Cheers ,,, :beer:

I have seen much worse ones that people have restored.

I have seen better ones that people have put V-8's in as well as full size axles.

as Rerarf said "You will have so much fun brining it back to life."

Just change the oil and give her a go! :D

Honestly, I have seen worse, and I have seen better.

Could be fun if you are into bringing something back to life!

Rezarf <><

If you can get it for really cheap, part it out and do the 45LV community a favor.. Axles and such aren't worth much, PTO winch might get you your purchase $$ back. Good luck.. I'd bail on a full resto.. Especially if you don't have access to a metal fab shop/paint and autobody too and a fully equipped garage. Look at some of the build threads in the 45 section.. these guys aren't doing this for a quick turn around.. What state is this in?

I say Quebec based on the yellow bucket on the seat. "beurre d'arachides" = peanut butter

I say save it, or at least post some pictures of unrecoverable cancer. It looks ok to me.

BC is the OP's location. We get french on everything from coast to coast, just happened to get the right or wrong side in the photo.

well im gonna tow her home and see how bad it is. kinda hard to tell under all the leaves etc. once its on solid ground i can get underneath and take a look see. i know of one hole thru the floor so far in the usual back seat area but might be more hiding somewhere.

I agree, tow her home. I already see a lot of hard to find parts on it. It's not that bad. The front end will be easy to fix since it coinsides with other Land Cruiser models. Do some research in the 45 section for some ideas as to who/where you can locate parts that are missing.

I also like the vise mod on the bumper. Post more pics when you get a chance. :)

bring it home and see what you got.... I would never pass on a 45 wagon......

If you part it out let me know. I'll be up in B.C. in July.

I agree, that vice on the front bumper is the deal-maker. Makes me teary-eyed; somebody obviously used this truck for what it was intended, as a workhorse. Poor thing, points probably just closed up, ran like sh_t, so they pulled the valve cover, took the carb off, and left it to rot.

Please, if you don't keep it, make it available to someone who will/can dump big $$ into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom