family bikini top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$OR, they are the only ones now I think. I read OCDbeetles tops worked with a family cage.... But he is no longer apart of Ih8mud and I don't know if he is still making tops or not... I wouldn't know how to contact him if he was...

Go to the local boat upholstery guy and describe what you want, pick out the color and fabric (Sunbrella is pretty good for this) and pick it up a week later for a nominal fee. Get a channel from Shane and some footman loops and you're golden.

My Wife! Her business is cleaning and repairing horse blankets and other heavy-duty fabric items, so she has the equipment. She looked at our Metaltech cage and said "I bet I can make a 'bikini top' for the 'cruiser". (The old temporary top I threw on finally gave up) Not wanting to stiffle enterprise, I told her to go for it. So she's working on making a prototype pattern now. We'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Interested to see how this goes... I really want a nice "normal" size canvas bikini top in OD green.... Maybe with some seen in pockets... I'd be willing to pay for something nice with quality work... I'd like to see how this goes

I am in Cucamonga, CA. Coastline Manufacturing Co (formerly Coastline Cover Company) is the largest supplier/manufacturer of motor home bras in the universe for the last 16 years. We make a wide variety of specialty covers for the RV market and are now expanding into the Off Road World. Every product that we make is backed by an outstanding warranty. I need good equipment to build patterns on and offer good discounts to Mud members.

The new web site will be up and running, with a partial showing of what we do, this weekend. Coming Soon 909 484 6592 / 800 216 1664

Go to the local boat upholstery guy and describe what you want, pick out the color and fabric (Sunbrella is pretty good for this) and pick it up a week later for a nominal fee. Get a channel from Shane and some footman loops and you're golden.

^^^^^
Do this :cool:

I did and the results are awesome.
P1010088.jpg

this is where i got mine years ago. very happy with it and it has tie down straps in the middle to help hold it to the roll cage. but you have to buy there channel to mount it because it takes a round channel to mount it instead of the standard flat channel ones.

TPI FJ40 FAMILY BIKINI TOP

had that TPI top before my custom one. It was cool until highway speeds shredded it.:meh:

my wife also made mine and it rocks. i added velcro in 6 or so places to tie it down so you dont get the balloon action when driving

reddingcruiser,

I too am in Redding and I'm anxious to see what your wife comes up with and at what price.

Thanks, Nick

Did this top ever get manufactured and sold? Please post pictures and price

Ditto. The SOR family bikini top I have is decidedly meh. I was thinking I might blow off the whole thing though and get something cut to fit inside the outer bars of the cage, add eyelets and then lace it in. Wouldnt even have to remove it to put the top on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom