Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does this mean there will no longer be OCD tops on ebay (or tops randomly available in stock) or are all tops going to be special order only? I ask this as I do not currently have a 40, however this will change within the next month, and I am looking at getting a softtop started as soon as I receive the vehicle.
You can contact me for Marshall'so orders616-450-0145

anybody have issues with it fitting? after about a month to get it after paying, mine seems to be a bit short on each side by around 3"
wont fit into the channel unless i bend it way out to get it to fit.
JEtzRXYmhYQ2T6ptlv6iToKlc3jqhOF8DnAEOZ0go0iIAMd-WYz1IgsblxbCtusLm4ENWtEp8g=w1069-h770-no

that channel doesn't look factory... something isn't right with that... it shouldn't be long enough to go over the curved part of the windshield. Mine ends before it curves on both sides

that channel doesn't look factory... something isn't right with that... it shouldn't be long enough to go over the curved part of the windshield. Mine ends before it curves on both sides
Let me look into this. I'm sorry for any inconveniences. We'll get this fixed. Julie

i believe its the best top one, but it works for the other softtop i bought from here, the family one. i would think it would fit for both lol.

i believe its the best top one, but it works for the other softtop i bought from here, the family one. i would think it would fit for both lol.

Hard to tell what you are working with. Trollhole makes tops for both types of channels I think. Make sure the top you have matches the channel you have

Go ahead & send back. Contact me through email I'll give you shipping info to send back. sc_redhead2006@yahoo.com
what address? i have send a few emails with no reply's yet.
Hard to tell what you are working with. Trollhole makes tops for both types of channels I think. Make sure the top you have matches the channel you have
yea, but nobody asked and i have no idea. i feel like everything i have bought from here as gone to s*** lol. my trail top took almost 2 months and this took 1 month and now has to go back.

what address? i have send a few emails with no reply's yet.

yea, but nobody asked and i have no idea. i feel like everything i have bought from here as gone to s*** lol. my trail top took almost 2 months and this took 1 month and now has to go back.

We are going to have some issues moving sales and such over to Julie and her company. I'm sorry your stuff is getting to you slowly. We are working to make it faster.

Just so you know the typical rail used on our bikinis are the Bestop rail. Plus it's inexpensive. We can also do the factory rail but it's usually reserved to those that are using the factory top and already have bows. Most don't. We will get this all worked out. As with moving any process to a new person or company things get mixed up. The quality of the product is still the same made by the same people.

you are correct, quality is awesome, the stitching and material look great. Cant wait till i get it installed.

got the replacement, fits perfect. thanks for the quick turnaround.
Do you have a photo of how your fits in the besttop rail? I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should cut the rail down like you did so it follows the windshield frame. Seen some photos of leaving the curve long on each side and some cut the curve out. Does any of the rail interfere with the snap that needs to be installed? Thanks.

As someone who builds many custom cars, trucks and such.... patience is something you must have when you buy something custom. And lets for instance. I needed a custom wire harness for a car - took a year. I needed machine work for a custom motor (and it really is a one-of-a-kind)... took 3 years. I've sent cars to the upholstery shop that took a year to get together. We won't even talk about paint and body work - when you watch those custom car shows on TV - keep in mind they take 18 months, and that's with a full shop of tools and professionals (meaning, that's blindingly fast).

So please, as just someone who has only bought something from Julie - give her a break. The amount of time you think it should take has no relevance to how long it can take. Quality takes time, best top is quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom