DuraTrac | KO2 | Trail Grap | Trail Performance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Without going into the size debate, does anyone have experience with the difference between the KO2, DuraTrac, or Trail Grappler (or others compared to these) with regards to traction performance? No need to post if you're happy with just one of the above (most always people are champions of the girl they brought to the dance).

I need to get some 33ish treads for the new trailer and this will therefore dictate what goes on the truck next.

Specifically looking for feedback on differences in the following between the obvious contenders.
  • Mud performance (traction, clearing, etc).
  • Snow performance
  • Rock performance (both traction and chunking loss).
  • Road noise

Hi all,

I have no experience with any of these tires (except an earlier version of the BF Goodrich AT) but I would say that the Nitto Trail Grappler will be the best in mud, fresh snow, and rocks. The KO2, being the mildest tread design, will likely be best on pavement, and packed snow. The Goodyear DuraTrac will likely be in the middle, between these two other tread designs.

Why put expensive off road tires on a trailer? All these tires will do is support the weight of the trailer, they don't need aggressive tread.

Good luck,

Alan

Finding anyone with first hand experience using all three of your choices will be impossible.

I've got KO2's on two rigs, and have been impressed in every aspect. Will be making an "official" writeup soon regarding the 80-series since I've just now got a full year on them (first impressions are worthless, need a year to give an honest opinion). KO2 in all snow conditions has thoroughly impressed me over anything I've run previously, highway handling and noise is excellent, no complaints in sand, no complaints on any trail I've run them on yet. Baja-style running a couple weeks back, and they handled that as well. I H8 MUD, so little experience there, but the few muddy sections I've been in were fine. :)

I've run many variations of BFG's over the years with no complaints. I had Goodyear MTR Kevlars on the 80 prior to the KO2's, would not choose those again. Ran Treadwrights prior to that, would not choose again. Ran Cepek FCIII's prior, overall good but they did chunk out. I have noted zero chunking after a year on my KO2's, and they are wheeled a lot. Cooper AT3's on the GX470, they have gotten noisier over the years. BFG Rugged Terrains on the Ram, loved them (KO2's on there now, loving so far). Ram ran Hankook ATM's prior, wished for more miles but overall good. Previous Duramax ran ATM's (two sets, very good on that truck) and Nitto Terra Grapplers before that (had to rotate a lot). Had Swamper SX's, Swamper SSR's, Pitbull Maddogs, Pitbull Rockers, BFG MT's, Swamp Thing's, and a few others on my FJ40 over the years - guessing none of those make your list tho :)

Current fleet: FJ62 - BFG KO ... FZJ80 - BFG KO2 ... Ram - BFG KO2 ... GX470 - Cooper AT3 ... BJ74 - BFG KM (planning Cooper STT Pro, these are worn, mileage unknown) ... gooseneck - Goodyear G614 ... alum car hauler - BFG Commercial E-range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom