Door Lock Actuator Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

okay. I got the lock assembly out. Struggling to get the actuator apart.

I got it! Bad news is that the link on page 19 for the motors is for the wrong ones. Make sure you get the one with a half shaft. I was able to take a dremel tool and shave the shaft so that the gear sleeve would fit on it. Good news is that it worked! I have a functional auto lock again!

I'm sorry caslim, the ones I linked to didn't work for you? That's what I used on my 98 LX and 04 LC.

Last edited:
Glad you were able to tackle this caslim, that motor worked for my 04lx470, not a 100% but with dremel I was able to dremel it, to make it worked. My doors has been working perfect since doing it, I must have lock and unlock 100 times, will update this down the road.

I had the same issue as caslim. My 05 uses the notched shaft version of these motors. I ordered the ones with the brass collar. So I went to my local pick n pull and got 4 actuators out of 4runners( different style, same internals ) and took the parts out I needed. Nice thing is I now have all metal internals in there.

@camino70 - Thanks for posting the link. Is the consensus that all 100 Series need the brass collar? Mine is a 2006. I see you had an 2004 - I assume they must be the same? Thanks!!!
No, there is not a consensus.
The last few posts, caslim, anesthesia and shibubba all had to modify or get something different.
If you aren't using the back seat (hauling kids) I'd pull one of the rear panels off first to see what's in there.

My 05 drivers side lock just quit working today-

What did those pulled parts cost you?
I had the same issue as caslim. My 05 uses the notched shaft version of these motors. I ordered the ones with the brass collar. So I went to my local pick n pull and got 4 actuators out of 4runners( different style, same internals ) and took the parts out I needed. Nice thing is I now have all metal internals in there.

Last edited:
Motors are about $5/each now. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper. Pick a part will be more expensive.

Motors are about $5/each now. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper. Pick a part will be more expensive.
Thanks

Getting the correct motor the first time with out tearing into the actuator ahead of time is my goal. Would anyone know what length shaft motor to select for the 04-07 LC models?

Edit: 8/2018: removed actuator motor and its the short shaft type
Short D Flat Shaft FC280PC-2215

Used a heat gun to try and loosen the seam around the actuator. Then a small chisel to separate the cover. Bonding back together I tried welding with my soldering iron. Seems to work well enough. Im sure crazy glue would work, but wanted to give this a try.

Last edited:
Glad this popped up, I was going to start looking. The wife's 05 LX driver door stopped working a few months ago and I've been meaning to fix it.

Think the Lexus/Toyota are different? I doubt it. I just ordered the short flat ones, I'll let you guys know what I find.

I also have a front driver side lock with a rebuilt actuator for $160 if you don't want to rebuild yourself. 90 days part warranty. It is pulled from a 2005 LX470.

I'm doing this now and I'm puzzled on how to get the actuator assembly out. I only see two bolts on the out is that seem to hold the window frame. Do I need to loosen the torx bolts on the lock latch? Or use a mirror and unscrew the lock assembly?

I'm doing this now and I'm puzzled on how to get the actuator assembly out. I only see two bolts on the out is that seem to hold the window frame. Do I need to loosen the torx bolts on the lock latch? Or use a mirror and unscrew the lock assembly?
I removed the torx bolts from the latch and unclipped the rods up top. I did not remove or move any windows.

Not sure which step you are on. Did you already remove the window? Could you post some pictures?

No I didn't' remove window, and I didn't remove the handle (maybe I should) I took the door panel off and there is only two screws near the actuator. I've read the entire thread and it seems like only one is needed to remove and just un-link the cables? that actuator seems to be bolted to something but maybe its just inhere snug with those linkages.

Guys, make your life easier and remove the door handle ortherwise you will be struggling and get frustrated taking the actuator assembly out and once handle out you can unhook the yellow clip otherwise you break it trying to force it out. You do not need to remov the window. Hope this help and good luck, you can do it

Okay everyone, so there is a cover on my 2001 that I did not see in any of the pics on this thread that required to to remove the hinge and the door handle but I finally got it off. Took the actuator appart and surprise the motor is different than what I ordered. It has a tapered shaft. Did anyone have this type on theirs?

Pic attached half shaft is new

20161011_194711.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom