Dash Configuration Reference (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, where is the best place to find the rubber grommets for the unused holes? I'm going to be filling one of mine with a choke cable when I switch to a stock carb but still have a couple unused holes that need to be filled with the rubber blank.

1983 FJ40 RHD NZ spec
dash.jpg

from the owner's manual dated 1972 that was in the glove box of my 12/73 '40.

fj40dash.jpg

fj55dash.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know what the blank hole to the right of the glove box with the plastic plug in it is for??
As seen in merlinridesagain 's pics.
I have it on my 71 and don't know what its for.

That is the Darth Vader Light. They are for FST versions, the wiring was there in my 73 so I found one and plugged it in.
The switch turns on that light and the upper one above the door.

thumb

Oh i see! Mine doesnt have a second hole for the switch, which was part of the confusion. Didn't know if it was a bulb or switch or even a socket plug in type deal that went there.
Thanks

I would like to start a reference thread documenting the stock layout of 40 series dashboards. I think it would be useful to show a picture of the entire dash, side-to-side... or maybe 2 slightly overlapping pictures to increase our ability to see what is there. Along with this we can add descriptive info identifying unlabeled indicator lights and such.

If you have a stock dash and can upload good quality pictures where we can read the knob labels etc. please do so. And include the model and build month/year. And identify anything that might not be obvious...

Thanks!

Mark
Mines a 1975 FJ40 RHD assembled in New Zealand

IMG_2697.JPG

1969 Fj40

Choke isn't correct, nor are the auxiliary gauges, neither are the additional switches. This beast was in Alaska on the Iditarod trail. I bought her in 1998 in Missouri with that sticker on the heater. I don't have any other history besides that.

IMG_6887.JPG

IMG_6886.JPG

IMG_6885.JPG

Anyone with a 1978 BJ40 RHD from Australia / New Zealand / Japan? I have a 1978 BJ40 with Diesel B Engine, restoration is almost done. Workshop guys lost the small indicator below the headlights switch as in attached photo. If anyone knows the part number and the purpose of this indicator, please inform, as I am still a newbie to 40 series.

Mine came with the Engine Shut Off "Pull Switch" which I have noticed isn't very common.
Before Restoration.JPG
Engine Shut Off Switch.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom