CSC Random picture thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMGL3584-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Popped up in my Facebook feed from nine years ago. My friend's truck broke down in Newman Canyon (north of Mormon Lake and FS 132). We were down a rocky, rutted road called 132D and the tow truck wouldn't drive down to get him so my largely un-modded 80 and I pulled him up. I still have that truck...and that hat...and both shirts...and thank goodness both of those friends. Come to think of it, it's been 9 yrs since I was drawn for archery elk....

View attachment 3430373

But did your friend ever wise up and buy a Toyota? Next year will be fifty years since I bought my first Toyota. Like Homer Simpson it was a used Toyota.

But did your friend ever wise up and buy a Toyota? Next year will be fifty years since I bought my first Toyota. Like Homer Simpson it was a used Toyota.
No but coincidentally same friend has a beat up, now undrivable (but not beyond rescue) V8-modded FJ55 in his back yard!

Always buy new OEM carb when available. 🤘🤘

View attachment 3446787
Wow they still make them? Last I bought was a non USA (gently used) from SOR. It was an oddball, took several e-mails and picks to Mark to get the last rebuild kit.

Went to lunch with a bunch of friends last Friday, and one showed up with this. It's a 1998 Toyota Century, J-spec (*as it was never imported here), RHD, lace curtains and wool seats, with the only V12 Toyota ever built.
56858.jpeg

56859.jpeg

And yes, that's a Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe parked next to it (N. Scottsdale). The Century has a left front seat where the seat back folds down creating a pass-thru for the rear passenger to slide their feet through for the full-on lounging experience! The engine bay was absolutely pristine, along with the paint. Built in Yokohama and registered in ***ushima, the car has to undergo a radiation check prior to importation. It was registered and plated immediately after these pics were taken, with 100TOKI as the vanity plate.

The owner of the RR came out from a different restaurant while we were inspecting the Century and commented that he'd ridden in one in Japan back in the late 90s, and he loved the car, even asking about importation rules, and offering to buy it on the spot. After he left, I chided my buddy for not asking for,a straight across trade for the Phantom Coupe!

Expect to see this car at a future Show & Shine event,...

We have had some amazing sunsets since coming back to the valley this fall. Usually happen while feeding the pups. Getting pictures is a matter of timing. Within a minute can make a dramatic difference.
PXL_20240107_004344237.jpg
PXL_20240107_010101293.jpg
PXL_20231213_003522561.jpg

PXL_20231213_003535908.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom