Cruisers and Company 80 Series Turbo (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reason I mentioned it because with ls swaps we make new lined to convert over to match the gm ac compressor. @cruisermatt I believe has made adapter at the fire wall not sure if it would work in this situation just adding additional tech if it's needed to be addressed.
Ooh! That’s great to know! I’ll reach out to him.

Of course not, but I’m once of the few dudes who did it themselves and put out all of the information they could. If this came with an ecu and a base tune, I’d be stoked, because someone’s actually trying to make a properly set up kit. This kits just a few degrees away from a wits end kit or a HD automotive kit. It works but it doesn’t work as well as it could.
HD's kits are purchased from another hemisphere, Wits' are unobtainium even when paid for and no matter what performance upgrades are chosen as a starting point there are always a "few degrees" more available. I can say from experience with race cars that a mere turbo change leads to swapping to front mount and bigger intercoolers, then alky injection and eventually a GE T58 turbine is installed just to get a little more power.

Last edited:
Might have been asked, The picture of the down pipe shows a O2 sensor. Is that a wide band?

Does anyone have the part number for a denso compatible threaded style O2 to replace the factory 2 studs flange style OEM sensor?

The truck is done, with the exception of some cosmetics, but I've just lost interest.
I have a new project, in the form of a 4x4 E-350 camper build "Jean Claude Damn Van" and that's taken the place in the shop and my primary money pit, with the 80 getting demoted to daily driver status.
I have a lot of love for the 80 and have been a Cruiser guy since 1985, having owned 40's, 45's, a tube frame "55" and a diesel 60.
The 80 has been a nearly ground up build with eventual boost in the plan, starting with a 100% fresh motor, trans and ending with fresh axles, drivelines and brakes.
After the turbo plan went south, I just kinda had the wind sucked from my sails...
Don’t worry, I have a HD auto kit and started installing in late September. I got it mostly installed and need to finish tig welding my down pipe. I lost steam on it. Fortunately there is a complete kit being offered now. Life and mostly laziness got in my way.

Might have been asked, The picture of the down pipe shows a O2 sensor. Is that a wide band?

Does anyone have the part number for a denso compatible threaded style O2 to replace the factory 2 studs flange style OEM sensor?
You can just use one of these.

You can just use one of these.
Thank you, I have the threaded bung, just need to find a compatible O2 sensor. Basically the same stock sensor but threaded and not flange style.

Wits End kit.

I do have the turbo blanket, down pipe blanket, & heat wrap around the AC line.

Make a new AC line and route it away from the heat.

Cheers

Thank you, I have the threaded bung, just need to find a compatible O2 sensor. Basically the same stock sensor but threaded and not flange style.
Compatible O2 sensor to what?
Not sure what you are trying to do. I get the adapter part.
Are you adding a wideband? Are you trying to find a stock replacement O2 sensor?

Compatible O2 sensor to what?
Not sure what you are trying to do. I get the adapter part.
Are you adding a wideband? Are you trying to find a stock replacement O2 sensor?

Yes, I’m trying to find a stock replacement O2 sensor that’s a threaded in style. Same voltage output of the original. I’m looking to use a weld on threaded bung instead of the flange. I have a replacement 2 stud weld on flange and the threaded bung. Rather use the threaded bung.

My down pipe near the turbo has the bung for a wide band already. Basically I don’t trust my tig skills welding a 3/8” think flange to 18 gauge stainless. I’ll probably be making a lot of holes.

If questions don't directly involve the Cruisers and Company Turbo kit, I would kindly ask that you please start a thread for that unless it's something closely or directly related to the kit itself like what things do you recommend or what should be done at the time of turbo install.

Thanks for understanding.

The pre welded bung in our kit is meant to be used with a wide band 2 sensor that has a M18x1.5 thread pitch

If questions don't directly involve the Cruisers and Company Turbo kit, I would kindly ask that you please start a thread for that unless it's something closely or directly related to the kit itself like what things do you recommend or what should be done at the time of turbo install.

Thanks for understanding.

The pre welded bung in our kit is meant to be used with a wide band 2 sensor that has a M18x1.5 thread pitch

Good luck, every time I have made a request like this it turns into a 💩 show. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

Nice installation video
Thanks, being our first video it was definitely a challenge to get the flow and feel for how we should do things. Part two is coming soon and is much smoother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom