Coal Creek July 27-30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got back to camp at 4:45 am. That's what I call a full day of wheeling

some of us consider that a normal time to get back in from wheeling lol cant wait to see pics

Nice write-up on the trails.

I am definitely going to be at next years GSMTR, just a matter of what I will be hauling the family around in. Maybe I will have Red going by then.

Last edited:
Nice write-up Andy.
It was a great time with great weather and great people. Can't wait to do it again. (Maybe more sooner than later?)

Andy & Roger - Not positive whether or not y'all would've liked the back to back double black diamond trails Rob and I hit today, but I think I can speak for Rob too when I say it was definitely the highlight of the trip for us. 21-22-38

Hendog spent some time exploring the town and also spent some time getting good trail info from the office while we were on the trail today. GSMTR organizers might wanna spend some time picking his brain to see what he found out.

I don't have many pics but I'll see if I can post up what I have. Have a few GoPro videos but not sure when/if I'll get them uploaded. No great pics or vids from today I don't think; we hardly stopped except to scout the obstacles and for one minor breakage. I think the best bet will be to get in touch with Rob to see what Natalie may have gotten on her phone.

Oh well, the app keeps crashing when I try to upload any pictures. I'll try again from a computer when I get the chance.

apparently we gotta buy you guys a camera. Descriptions are cool but no pics is just downright mean!

tkinze said:
apparently we gotta buy you guys a camera. Descriptions are cool but no pics is just downright mean!

While I DO actually need a new camera, the reason there aren't any pics is cause there wasn't much time for that. If we weren't wheeling, we were asleep! Hell, we hardly even had any "full" meals; it was all snacking and trail food.

I tried to post some pics, but like I said, the app isn't letting me.

It was a great weekend. Everyone mark your calendars for the first week end in November, we will be holding our annual meeting at Coal Creek.

DSLTOY said:
It was a great weekend. Everyone mark your calendars for the first week end in November, we will be holding our annual meeting at Coal Creek.

The calendar is marked and I'll be there FOR SURE! Hope you guys had a good ride.

tkinze said:

Ok, I'd like one that mounts to my hood with a remote I can use without taking my hands off the wheel. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

75 is where I was trying to take you, but saying you left camp at 10:30 is stretching it.... :p Maybe 10:30 CST. Were there still trees down on 75?

Since Wes and I were short on time we ran 15,27, and 44. Short run but we had a good time. We had to turn around on 15 after a group of side-by-sides and some huge Jeeps broken down. Pitiful.

Were there still trees down on 75?
Not many. I think I only recall Rob cutting one that was fully across the trail. And even that one had plenty of ways around; meaning it wouldn't have stopped a group from proceeding. Tons of trees down on the sides and fresh stumps everywhere though. I was a little nervous about Henry's radial tires getting butchered.

Steve did you do all the tough sections? I have done that trail on a dirt bike a few times and some of those are even a challenge on a bike.
Yup. I don't think we bypassed anything. There was only one place that I tried a crazy line that Rob, probably wisely, opted out of. He might have made it but his shorter wheelbase would've made it really sketchy. That was on 38, maybe halfway through where to the right there are a bunch of ledges that are progressively higher and more undercut the further right you look.

Rob and I decided that one of the best hardcore runs at the park will be up 15 and across 38. Fairly close to get to and fairly short trails, but tons of good obstacles and technical wheeling.

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I probably have an extra camera laying around if you need one Steve. I will def try to be at the November run! I want to check this place out!

Workin on uploading to PhotoBucket now. The pics went right through but the GoPro vids are takin a while; hopefully the upload won't error out and it'll be done by the end of the day for me to post up a link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom