Buyin', Sellin', Tradin' (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear Diff.

I'm looking for a rear diff. 4:11 gears in a '84 cruiser.

Mine needs rebuilding but I just don't have the time/tools as I am here at school. I am willing to pay a bit more for a locker or a welded diff but I don't have a lot of $$ as it is.
If you want to trade for my old diff. I'm cool with that too.

Thanks
Brian

SOLD

Have a full set (front and rear) FJ40 springs. I took them apart and POR 15ed them. The rears have add a leaf in them. $75 for the set if you come get them.

Springs are sold.

Last edited:
I need a 75+ wind shield frame. And an old Saginaw PS box for a core. Thanks, Cary

Looking for a 1st Gen 4runner in decent shape within a few hours of Nashville. Let me know what you have.

'83 FJ60 in N GA

I have a '83 FJ60 in North GA (lake Alatoona). 255K, was a daily driver up til last Feb. Stock except for 38mm Weber/Header. Needs PS Gearbox/Pump, Tires, Exhaust work. $2000 or best offer. Not interested in parting. Thanks, Cary

I have a '83 FJ60 in North GA (lake Alatoona). 255K, was a daily driver up til last Feb. Stock except for 38mm Weber/Header. Needs PS Gearbox/Pump, Tires, Exhaust work. $2000 or best offer. Not interested in parting. Thanks, Cary

How good is the body?

You have seen it Roger. Rust on the bottom gate. dents everywhere. Thus the price.

[STRIKE]I am going to have a decent running F motor available soon. I took it out of the trail rig, replaced all the major seals and put it in the frame off for mock up but with intention of using it until I rebuilt the 2F from the parts 60. That was until I scored a free 2F with about 165K on it.

I do not know the numbers and have not leak tested it. It was a rebuild. I do not know the hours or miles on the motor. It ran strong when I got the trail rig but smoked a bit on start up. No accessories but a dizzy. Just the motor. It has a new oil pan gasket and I cleaned and POR15ed the oil pan while it was off. I also painted the side cover and valve cover. All new seals there plus rear main. I have done nothing with the front main of flywheel cover.

I am willing to ship it. I would like $100 for the motor. Shipping is about $215+/- based on a recent experience. I am willing to deliver it between ATL and Manchester/Chattanooga or come get it.

Oh - and a gallon bottle of Jim Beam Black.[/STRIKE]

Engine is sold.

Last edited:

The tub is not off a '79. The pictures clearly show that the tub is from an earlier model where the gas tank is under the passenger seat. I don't know if this is a good thing because it reflects that the seller does not know what they are posting or does & is trying to pull something. Regardless, more members have earlier models trucks so there may be more interest because it is not a '79. If so, good luck.

The tub is not off a '79. The pictures clearly show that the tub is from an earlier model where the gas tank is under the passenger seat. I don't know if this is a good thing because it reflects that the seller does not know what they are posting or does & is trying to pull something. Regardless, more members have earlier models trucks so there may be more interest because it is not a '79. If so, good luck.
10-4 there. I think the change was actually in '79 making it model year '80 but manufactured in '79. Maybe it is a '78. :meh:

Items I have for sale or trade.

Ford 8.8 rearend, welded, stock gears, out of a 92 ford explorer
Set of 35" BFG's, 2 are 80% tred, 2 are worn uneven from being out of alignment.
2 sets of braided procomp brake lines. I'll find out what all they will work on if someone is interested.
1 chevy 350 engine someone can HAVE for parts out of a 79 full size pick up. compression test appeared to be all over the charts IMO. Come take it away.
Set of 33" Toyo mud terrains. 2 90% tred, 2 20% tred/uneven. would sell cheap/trade
A couple sets of coils 4" lift coils for a Cherokee and 6" lift coils.

I'll add some more if I think of it. . .

Items I have for sale or trade.

Ford 8.8 rearend, welded, stock gears, out of a 92 ford explorer
Set of 35" BFG's, 2 are 80% tred, 2 are worn uneven from being out of alignment.
2 sets of braided procomp brake lines. I'll find out what all they will work on if someone is interested.
1 chevy 350 engine someone can HAVE for parts out of a 79 full size pick up. compression test appeared to be all over the charts IMO. Come take it away.
Set of 33" Toyo mud terrains. 2 90% tred, 2 20% tred/uneven. would sell cheap/trade
A couple sets of coils 4" lift coils for a Cherokee and 6" lift coils.

I'll add some more if I think of it. . .

I'll take the engine. You have a PM!

I am going to have a decent running F motor available soon. I took it out of the trail rig, replaced all the major seals and put it in the frame off for mock up but with intention of using it until I rebuilt the 2F from the parts 60. That was until I scored a free 2F with about 165K on it.

I do not know the numbers and have not leak tested it. It was a rebuild. I do not know the hours or miles on the motor. It ran strong when I got the trail rig but smoked a bit on start up. No accessories but a dizzy. Just the motor. It has a new oil pan gasket and I cleaned and POR15ed the oil pan while it was off. I also painted the side cover and valve cover. All new seals there plus rear main. I have done nothing with the front main of flywheel cover.

I am willing to ship it. I would like $100 for the motor. Shipping is about $215+/- based on a recent experience. I am willing to deliver it between ATL and Manchester/Chattanooga or come get it.

Oh - and a gallon bottle of Jim Beam Black.

You still got this.. I'm interested and can pick it up :beer:.

You still got this.. I'm interested and can pick it up :beer:.
Were you interested in the F? I thought you wanted a 2F - I am not sure if this post pre-dates the PM.

Searching for an FJ40

Hello all
I thought I wanted a jeep but they are everywhere.
Used to work for Toyota back in the mid 80's and always liked the 40's.
Figure it is about time to feed the fever.

Does anyone know of a decent FJ40 in the area?
I am in Dalton.
Prefer to trade my motorcycle but may have to wait until I sell another toy.
Looking for something in the $6,000 range.

Bike is a 2005 Triumph Sprint ST1050.....loaded...less than 10k miles.

Or my other toy
https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-tra...ml#post4575174

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom