Buyin', Sellin', Tradin' (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would like to get 250 for the whole setup but the price is negotiable. Let me know, if i dont sell this stuff i dont think ill be able to afford to come to gsmtr.

I might possible be able to come up with some fj40 rotors to throw in but im not sure yet.
Sold.

Very low rust 1978 FJ55 any interest?

I have a 78 55 with minumal rust and am toying with the idea of selling. This truck came from a West Texas rancher with what he says 95,000 miles on it, the odometer says 72,000 but stopped working at that point. I've had it for about 3years now with the intent to restore to a weekend grocery getter. The truck is an unmolested complete all original , except color, wheels ,Holley carb, shckles, A/C, and front seat upholstery. This is an exceptional truck for a restoration or daily driver. It is too nice to turn into a rock crawler. Here is a link with some pictures

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-pig-preservation-society/136069-pulled-pig-out-barn-today.html
Located in Ooltewah

Any interest?
email : Jam4tam@aol.com

I have a 78 55 with minumal rust and am toying with the idea of selling. This truck came from a West Texas rancher with what he says 95,000 miles on it, the odometer says 72,000 but stopped working at that point. I've had it for about 3years now with the intent to restore to a weekend grocery getter. The truck is an unmolested complete all original , except color, wheels ,Holley carb, shckles, A/C, and front seat upholstery. This is an exceptional truck for a restoration or daily driver. It is too nice to turn into a rock crawler. Here is a link with some pictures

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-pig-preservation-society/136069-pulled-pig-out-barn-today.html
Located in Ooltewah

Any interest?
email : Jam4tam@aol.com
That looks great. If I did not have so many projects going I would be all over it! No smog police in NW GA -- Yet!

That looks great. If I did not have so many projects going I would be all over it! No smog police in NW GA -- Yet!

Chris,
A '78 is too old for mandatory smog testing any where in the state. My '81 FJ40s have been exempt for several years now which is one less hassle/expense to deal with. It seems like 25 years is the 'magic' age for exemption from smog testing, so a lot of 60's should even be covered now.

Chris,
A '78 is too old for mandatory smog testing any where in the state.
I wish Tenn. felt the same way. If it is a 1975 or later it has to be smogged., But only in Memphis, Nashville and Chattanooga. Go figure! :beer:

Chris,
A '78 is too old for mandatory smog testing any where in the state. My '81 FJ40s have been exempt for several years now which is one less hassle/expense to deal with. It seems like 25 years is the 'magic' age for exemption from smog testing, so a lot of 60's should even be covered now.
Sean's 87 is kicking his ass. Any idea how to get the EGR valve of it without ruining anything? The one I gave him came off the beast and that was easy with brute strength due to the lack of parts!

Sean's 87 is kicking his ass. Any idea how to get the EGR valve of it without ruining anything? The one I gave him came off the beast and that was easy with brute strength due to the lack of parts!

Chris,
Several years ago the EGR on my red '81 40 needed replacement and several bolts were broken in the process of replacing it. The most annoying was one in the intake manifold, because I put it back together at the time but took the intake & exhaust manifold off later to drill out that broken bolt (which also required a helicoil to complete the repair). So my reply is no I don't have a secret to ensure nothing else gets damaged when replacing the EGR.
However, when ever I remove a steel bolt from an aluminum housing (like the intake manifold), I use a lot of anti-seeze compound on the treads to help reduce the potential for a galvanic corrosion problem with the steel bolt in aluminum. Where I have done this, I have not had broken bolts later when I have needed to remove the bolts.
Good luck Sean

looking for a rubber cap that fits the large cup on a 78 fj40 brake master cylinder.

I have at least one in Manchester.
when will you be near the chat. area or passing thru? how much would you want for it? im helping a new guy get the last bits and peices together for his first cruiser.

Looking for a FJ60 grill

Anybody have a spare front grill with the "TOYOTA" for an '82 FJ60? I'll take the headlight frames as well if you have them. Thanks.

fj60 front grill

if hugh doesnt have one try the guys at acc (atlanta custom creations) there was a good grill and headlight trim left on the one they stripped sat.

when will you be near the chat. area or passing thru? how much would you want for it? im helping a new guy get the last bits and peices together for his first cruiser.

No time in the near future, we are leaving Saturday for the Alaskan Cruiser Trek. E-mail me an address and I'll send it, and you will owe me a beer at the next meetind.

Anybody have a spare front grill with the "TOYOTA" for an '82 FJ60? I'll take the headlight frames as well if you have them. Thanks.

if hugh doesnt have one try the guys at acc (atlanta custom creations) there was a good grill and headlight trim left on the one they stripped sat.
Mine is long gone. Andy got it.

I have another disc brake conversion for a 40 for sale. I also have a mini truck power steering box thats a bolt on power steering upgrade for your 40.

Will

I'm looking for a set of FJ62 springs, front and rear, for my '82 FJ60. Thought some one may have a set laying around after a lift project. Thanks.

I'm looking for a set of FJ62 springs, front and rear, for my '82 FJ60. Thought some one may have a set laying around after a lift project. Thanks.
I have a set of fronts off an 86 FJ60. Dunno if that will help.

Newbie question...can the front set be fitted to the rear without major mods? My rear springs are frowning at me.

Newbie question...can the front set be fitted to the rear without major mods? My rear springs are frowning at me.
Nope. Front are front and back are back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom