Built to the Hilt FJ80 Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While Im not 100% done with tweaking things, I am making the first production kit. This one will be by hand sadly. I didn't get things to the laser shop on time so I am forced to do it by hand but the brackets and link lengths should be available shortly.

Spring rates are set for the most part, each customer will have to give an accurate description of the vehicle and shock length desired so I can get you guys the right ride ht the first time. Typically I like to see 5'-6"s of shock at ride ht.

Unfortunately I don't have any shock mounting desired for this yet. The gentleman who took me up on this R&D offer is using a very different coilover then what "we" (you and I) typically use. But I may offer a prototype version for a few that would like to try something none round tube based. Hopefully similar to our Cobra Towers we currently offer for the mini trucks and tacomas.

Current spec's on the prototype vehicle: Spring rate on 16" coilovers 175/350, 7.125" of shock showing, 40" Grapplers & 2" body lift. Center of axle from ground 18.375", frame ht to ground 24.625"

Hope this helps a little.

That sounds really promising, thanks for the update! I know it's too early to tell, but do you think pricing is still in the ballpark range of your mini-truck/4Runner kits that include the coilovers?

That sounds really promising, thanks for the update! I know it's too early to tell, but do you think pricing is still in the ballpark range of your mini-truck/4Runner kits that include the coilovers?

Yes. There really isn't that much change in the material or the amount of welding as the mini truck stuff.

While Im not 100% done with tweaking things, I am making the first production kit. This one will be by hand sadly. I didn't get things to the laser shop on time so I am forced to do it by hand but the brackets and link lengths should be available shortly. Spring rates are set for the most part, each customer will have to give an accurate description of the vehicle and shock length desired so I can get you guys the right ride ht the first time. Typically I like to see 5'-6"s of shock at ride ht. Unfortunately I don't have any shock mounting desired for this yet. The gentleman who took me up on this R&D offer is using a very different coilover then what "we" (you and I) typically use. But I may offer a prototype version for a few that would like to try something none round tube based. Hopefully similar to our Cobra Towers we currently offer for the mini trucks and tacomas. Current spec's on the prototype vehicle: Spring rate on 16" coilovers 175/350, 7.125" of shock showing, 40" Grapplers & 2" body lift. Center of axle from ground 18.375", frame ht to ground 24.625" Hope this helps a little.

Is that Sammy's rig?

-Ammo

I just re-did my steering recently so I'm ready to start saving my pennies for the next logical step....your 3-link kit!!! :)

11700535834_93a741734e_h.jpg

I'm bringing this thread back, bc the info on your setup should reside here. A new thread on cantilever suspension may be in order as well.

So back to my question. Anyone else have thoughts on a cantilever coilover set up. Pro, cons, has anyone here run one??

Curious as well, but would also like the same feedback with regards to your 80 series 3 Link setup from the person who has the first one installed. I'm sure he's put some miles on it by now.

I'm sure I'm not alone in hesitancy, but as far back as you can search, 3 link systems on these fat asses have been sloppy on pavement. I think many of us stand ready for you to prove us wrong. I'm to the point now, where I've dumped enough money in my rig that another investment to make it more capable on or offroad, will have to yield superior results. There are quite a few here, that are in similar boats.

His has been done for a long time.

Is this an 80 series with your 3-link kit? Any details/pics of it? Don't think I've ever seen any finished pics of your work on an 80.

Yes its an 80. Some of the process was posted up on pirate. Under the little something we are working on thread. PKP80 is going to bring the truck back to me and we going to get rid of the giant 4 inch coilovers he has because found out the off no dampening at slow speed. So ill have a chance to build towers for the kit as well as do up the rear.

Yes its an 80. Some of the process was posted up on pirate. Under the little something we are working on thread. PKP80 is going to bring the truck back to me and we going to get rid of the giant 4 inch coilovers he has because found out the off no dampening at slow speed. So ill have a chance to build towers for the kit as well as do up the rear.

Ah that one ok. Yeah I've seen progress pics of that, but never finished photos. Kinda glad those giant coilovers didn't work so you can finally figure out a solution for the shock towers!

Ah that one ok. Yeah I've seen progress pics of that, but never finished photos. Kinda glad those giant coilovers didn't work so you can finally figure out a solution for the shock towers!

no s***, i wanna see how the shock towers fit, those 4" C/o's kinda seem like over kill for a cruiser anyways! This kit is design around a 14" c/o correct? for got if it was 12 or 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom