Front Suspension Noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy fellow, mudders, quick question regarding a noise i have been hearing from my front suspension when I last had it off-road and was driving down a rutted stretch. The sound is like a metal clacking sound as if two parts are smacking together as if something is loose, not crazy loud but stands out to my ear. Truck is in the shop for some general maintenance right now and the mechanic just sent me an image about concern over the front swaybar links being bent. The truck has Delta front radius arms on the front, the Delta Panhard bracket in the rear, overall icon stage one suspension kit , stock sway bars, front and rear. As part of the icon stage one kit, they include a sway bar drop bushing as part of the kit so my big stupid question is are these in fact bent? And if so, I presume going OEM would be best replacement source ? I read the long thread on swaybar replacement and my truck is fairly light with only an aftermarket basket roof rack, no tent, and stock bumpers front and rear with no fridge or other heavy drawer accessories internally so I presume I don’t need a full set of stiffened, aftermarket sway bars . Thanks everyone!

IMG_4571.png

IMG_4572.png

IMG_4576.png

check the bushes where the sway bar connects to the diff - they make a clunk when worn going over bumps pretty easily
1710981654320.png

depending on how much the lift is do the panhard brackets bring it back to center front & back? this could be why the rear sway bar bushings appear off to the side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom