Built to the Hilt FJ80 Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would love a vehicle that I could wheel and keep up with full coil over kitted jeeps but yet is comfortable enough for expeditions and long distance highway travel. I see that you have a coilover front system would like to know if your looking into a rear system?

Just read thru the thread just wondering how the rear system turned out

4WU hasn't started on the rear kit. I documented the front 3-link in my build thread

I would love a vehicle that I could wheel and keep up with full coil over kitted jeeps but yet is comfortable enough for expeditions and long distance highway travel. I see that you have a coilover front system would like to know if your looking into a rear system?
Idk what kinda trails you are running, but my cruiser on 37s with radius arms goes everywhere my 3friends heeps on 40s and coil overs goes. I wheel Moab and Colorado every weekend works out here in the real world. On off note I like the kit he sells but I just don't need it until I no longer have a body on the truck

Idk what kinda trails you are running, but my cruiser on 37s with radius arms goes everywhere my 3friends heeps on 40s and coil overs goes. I wheel Moab and Colorado every weekend works out here in the real world. On off note I like the kit he sells but I just don't need it until I no longer have a body on the truck

This is precisely why I still own my 80 after almost 20 years. It will take me anywhere I want to go in a comfortable fashion and carries all of my hunting / hiking / camping gear easily! AND it doesn't break as easily or as frequently as a brand new Jeep Rubicon!

4WU hasn't started on the rear kit. I documented the front 3-link in my build thread

Hello Kids, it has been a long while and I've since redone the whole 80 including, but not limited to parts of the 3-Link, Triangulated-4link, and a whole lot more. Here are a few teasers for now. You'll be seeing her back on the trail soon. A bunch more pics on my Instagram @Pit26Motorsports #Pit26 #PKP80

NCM_1129.JPG

NCM_1140.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Kids, it has been a long while and I've since redone the whole 80 including, but not limited to parts of the 3-Link, Triangulated-4link, and a whole lot more. Here are a few teasers for now. You'll be seeing her back on the trail soon. A bunch more pics on my Instagram @Pit26Motorsports #Pit26 #PKP80

View attachment 1214089

View attachment 1214090

Sam!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day wondering how you are... Need to talk to you. Awesome to see the rig and you are still alive ACF... (After Child & Family) :)

-A

Nice to see you back on MUD! Um yeah, we're gonna need a lot more pics. That gas tank looks really sweet. Is this all custom or you working with 4WU?

Nice to see you back on MUD! Um yeah, we're gonna need a lot more pics. That gas tank looks really sweet. Is this all custom or you working with 4WU?
Appreciate it, pics will have to wait a sec, but I'll put up what I can. It is all custom...I've been having some fun doing some Mercedes G wagon builds for select clients (turn regular G wagons into the 4x4 squared and some), which is what Pit26 Motorsports is about and between builds my crew works on the 80.

Well look at you Sir.... Man a long ways from the days of stero upgrades and 3" lifts my friend.

Good on you, and congrats on the new company.... Send me some pics of that G Wagon!

-A

Appreciate it, pics will have to wait a sec, but I'll put up what I can. It is all custom...I've been having some fun doing some Mercedes G wagon builds for select clients (turn regular G wagons into the 4x4 squared and some), which is what Pit26 Motorsports is about and between builds my crew works on the 80.

I'm liking that axle truss. I don't suppose you guys made more than one did you? :) Wouldn't mind picking one up to store in the garage for future use.

Well look at you Sir.... Man a long ways from the days of stero upgrades and 3" lifts my friend.

Good on you, and congrats on the new company.... Send me some pics of that G Wagon!

-A
Lol, sees like just yesterday we were running Miller Jeep and trying not to scratch the running boards. Quick pic of the one we're doing now. It doesn't have the coils, shocks or carbon fiber fenders on yet.

I'm liking that axle truss. I don't suppose you guys made more than one did you? :) Wouldn't mind picking one up to store in the garage for future use.

Just one of one.

20160211_125416.jpg

GD what is that like a 60gal tank?!?

Can't wait to see that rear end flex too, wait did I just say that to a guy?....

GD what is that like a 60gal tank?!?

Can't wait to see that rear end flex too, wait did I just say that to a guy?....

Lol, tank looks bigger than it actually is 26 gals +/-. I am stoked to get her completed as well.

Looks like you tig'd the tank and spool gun'd the mounts, mind me asking what spool gun you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom