BREAK-IN AND THEFT OF HISTORIC ORE CAR FROM HUMBUG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On or about Jan.10, there was a break-in at the Humbug, Arizona ghost town. One of the ore cars was stolen from the Pero Bonito mine. The other ore car was dis-assembled and the wheels were taken.
Pictures of the stolen ore car are available. Please help me recover this irreplaceable piece of Arizona history. I have a lead that indicates the ore car may have gone to Moab, Utah. If anyone is going that way, please stop and take a look around, and contact me or the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (case# 15-001753) if you see it. My phone# is (480) 899-7317. Thanks!

:mad: :bang:

I would reach out to the Rising Sun Toyota Club out of Colorado if you suspect the car may have been taken to Moab. They sponsor a Toyota 4x4 event there every year and will have folks all over that area for the next few months in preparation. Good group of guys and I'm sure they'd be happy to help out.

Might not be related, but worth a look. Or check it out and make $100

Screenshot_2015-02-12-12-37-41.png

:hmm: Hmmmmm..,.

I hate to hear about stuff like this. There are two wanted ads for ore carts on CL, suspects?
:meh:

There was a time when you could haul that stuff off if it was on public land. There are now laws that make them historical antiquities and disturbing them is illegal. Any recent accusations are suspect.

Dave, have you considered contacting the news stations? They may be of little help in your case but could be educational to prospective treasure hunters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom