A Word of Thanks, and a Lesson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Convinced I needed to switch to OME 2701 progressive springs for ride improvement yesterday, I set out to see @TheGrrrrr about the pair he's selling. Ailed by P0103 codes and occasional micro-stalls, I braved the fetid PHX traffic as rush hour began to bloom. Maybe Mr. Grrrrr would have a spark of inspiration on the code, too.

After a lengthy geek-fest around the new addition to his paddock, he helped me come to the very reasonable conclusion that the '21's were not for me, and nor were the 2724's I was running. (if you've got a pair of '23's, let's talk)

Over the course of a very short test drive, we also shared the experience of the gentle stalls my truck was performing, which a quick TS-read still showed as P0103. I'd almost forgotten about that at this point. Also, I figured that what TS and the Dashmas Tree were showing were the typical Mr. T. 'clues to the other thing I'm not telling you about yet' signs. Grrrr, at this point, hands me the MAF he pulled during his baseline (no issues, presumed good, but baseline R&R) and I proceeded to strip my MAF screws in front of his driveway. With child school pickup time looming, I best-effort refitted the presumed malignant MAF and set off. Lot's of in-traffic stall-neutral-restart-drive fun on the way RTB.

Once home, I pulled the intake filter top-end, extracted the MAF, dropped in Grrrr MAF w/ new screws, TS clear codes, and test drive. This is the first time for me when the code was actually the code. The culprit: a bent MAF. Not sure anymore whether I installed this one or PO did, but it was not OEM. I've once again renewed my membership in the 'OEM Parts or Death' cult.

Thank you, Grrrr. You're a scholar and a gentleman.

1711122225463.png

The real question here is "How does an MAF get bent?"
Yeah, I'm just going to blame the back-way to Crown King. Same as the rear lower control arm you sold me after I converted mine into a tropical fruit.

Might want to check your turbine inlet temp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom