Bluepit Bearings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to post up a positive review for Bluepit Bearings. My wife's 06 GX470 was making a horrible noise in the front end. I replaced both front wheel bearings/hubs with Koyo bearings and it's night and day difference. The driver side old bearing was totally shot and had significant play in it. Passenger side seemed ok, but I figured I would replace both as they appeared original and the car now has 130k miles on it.

Install was very straight forward and could easily be done with hand tools and a floor jack. I usually only post in the 40, and 100 section, but wanted to let all you Prado/GX/120 platform folks know that this product is out there and that it's significantly easier to buy the hub/bearing combo instead of having the old bearing pulled and new bearing pressed onto your existing hubs.

Finally got around to watching the video on the install, damn that is simple! Is it really worth the additional $50 for the Koyo bearing as opposed to the ASIN bearing? Couldn't really find any info on the site explaining the difference. It adds up to $100 difference if you do both sides which why wouldn't you replace both while you are at it because the second one can't be far behind in replacement from the first.

@Bluetribal - I know from past experience how good Koyo bearings are, so I decided to stick with what I was comfortable with.

It does take longer than 45 minutes per side. To be honest I had more trouble breaking the brake caliper bolts loose and getting the caliper reinstalled (damn hard lines) than the rest of the replacement process. I'm an above average wrench and still struggled with getting the caliper back on its mount due to the limited flexibility of the hard brake line. Just as an FYI it took me about an hour and a half per side with only hand tools.

Just checked them out. Looks like an awesome option. Bolt-on and you don't have to mess with pressing that assembly apart which can be a real PITA.

I used them as well when I did mine. Made a difficult job a 45 min and 1 beer job.

why wouldn't you replace both while you are at it because the second one can't be far behind in replacement from the first.

My PS bearing started to hum around 75K. Finally replaced it at 105K. At 122K my DS bearing is still fine.

Ive got bluepit assemblies on both fronts and couldn't be happier! FYI to those doing this: order those black axle caps from Toyota...Mine were basically one time use.

For a cheaper alternative you can use these. jerseybuilthubs I just ordered a set for my GX as preventative maintenance after reading of all these failures. I figured I would install them while repairing the CV shafts and installing a lift.

I haven't put them in yet but he has good reviews from other forums and uses quality parts.

I installed two from Marion Bumber2Bumper a couple weeks ago. Relatively inexpensive - no complaints. Dorman/Koyo combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom