Bean! My FJ60 build and adventure (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so you have the windshield covered on wipers!
Do you know if there is a replacement for the rear?

Sent from my iPhone

Ok so you have the windshield covered on wipers!
Do you know if there is a replacement for the rear?

I haven't had to replace my rear arm but an FJ60 and 4runner rear arm are similar in price. The 60 is a little cheaper actually.But I'm not sure how different or similar they are...with the illustration given they look very similar:

FJ60 rear wiper arm

4runner rear wiper arm

Well usually the rear wipers are shorter. Almost like an fj40 size. I think if your using a front it will lap over the mounding.

Sent from my iPhone

Well usually the rear wipers are shorter. Almost like an fj40 size. I think if your using a front it will lap over the mounding.

Huh? Not exactly sure what you're referencing but I'm using fronts wipers for fronts wipers....my pervious post above had links to rear wiper options.

I've always fit 18" blades on Tencha and Marilu .. I'm under the impression that extra inch will put more stress on the motor with minor benefit ?

I found my used wiper arms on ebay and think I paid 30 shipped or so. Someone directed me to the nut covers being sold on Amazon, both OEM and non. Someone else also posted in my thread that people do 80 series in the rear.
Great pictures btw

I found my used wiper arms on ebay and think I paid 30 shipped or so. Someone directed me to the nut covers being sold on Amazon, both OEM and non. Someone else also posted in my thread that people do 80 series in the rear.
Great pictures btw

Link us bro! ;)

Used def is a cheaper option...but for me I wanted to know the condition of the springs and that they would be better than the set I had before.

I've always fit 18" blades on Tencha and Marilu .. I'm under the impression that extra inch will put more stress on the motor with minor benefit ?

Hm. I'll keep you posted on how it holds up....it's raining in Maine right now and the 19" blade size covers the entire top portion of the windshield...maybe 1/2" to spare. So far I like that extra visibility, if it holds up

Ya...that's Amazon adding on their sometimes crazy "shipping tax". OEM are $2.50 direct from Toyota + shipping.

But he's a Prime link for the Dorman 49460, $5 shipped for a pair if you have Prime.

Hm. I'll keep you posted on how it holds up....it's raining in Maine right now and the 19" blade size covers the entire top portion of the windshield...maybe 1/2" to spare. So far I like that extra visibility, if it holds up
What part of Maine are you exploring? Let's see some pics!

What part of Maine are you exploring? Let's see some pics!

Maine is full of private land...so not much 4x4'ing to be found. There is a Jeep event in Bethel every year I read about but it's all on private land too :/ one place that would be worth adventuring into is the Maine Woods....would love to check it out up there but prob not solo.

Mostly just living the cabin life up here for November :)

Coming to Florida anytime? :)

Followed your build, and adventures, on instagram. Huge fan! Had a few questions regarding shifter fitment. We've actually chatted quite a bit on instagram. I'm @CruiserSam.
I'm about to drop a 700r4 behind a tbi 350 in my trusty cruiser and I'm torn between the 23inch lokar or the shorter one. Saw the tuffy console and thats the same setup I want to run. What length did were you able to fit with the tuffy?

Followed your build, and adventures, on instagram. Huge fan! Had a few questions regarding shifter fitment. We've actually chatted quite a bit on instagram. I'm @CruiserSam.
I'm about to drop a 700r4 behind a tbi 350 in my trusty cruiser and I'm torn between the 23inch lokar or the shorter one. Saw the tuffy console and thats the same setup I want to run. What length did were you able to fit with the tuffy?

I don't have the exact Lokar part #...but I'm not the first to use it on a 4L65E around here so I'm sure you can find it.

The shifter I have has a long neck and works fine with the 8" tuffy console w/ cupholders

Lokar shifter 16" auto transmission fits 4L60 part # FMS64L60B
No clearance issues with a VDP center console.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom