Bean! My FJ60 build and adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome little video... I have played with the old a7r back when they first came out and thought it was a great little mirrorless system. I like my Canon EOS-M but do miss my old full sized dslr with grip (had a 20D for years before it finally died). What do you normally shoot with @theron?

Awesome little video... I have played with the old a7r back when they first came out and thought it was a great little mirrorless system. I like my Canon EOS-M but do miss my old full sized dslr with grip (had a 20D for years before it finally died). What do you normally shoot with @theron?

I was shooting with a Canon 6D for years, and before that a 5D Mark II....but now I've switched to Sony and can still use my Canon lenses if needed. The dynamic range on the a7rII really is amazing

Yeah with all the high quality adapters these days you can pretty much mate anything together. I have always been a Canon shooter (pretty much in my blood from my family) and still have my old lenses with an EF to EF-M adapter. I definitely do not shoot as much as I used too or would like too, got to get back to just carrying the camera with me everywhere.

One of the drawbacks that I found of the EOS-M is the low light capabilities. Add that to me being a novice and not really having a budget for the red ring gear I want, well that just limits me. If you ever head through Carson City, NV I would love to meet up and geek out a bit on Land Cruisers and photography!

Great video, couple of observations. at approx. 8mins 30 secs that brief audible low growl of the v8 makes me want to drain the bank account ASAP. There is a shot later from the back of your rig where the baroud logo is pretty prominent. I may be more prone to grudge holding than you, but after your experiences with that company and product I would be masking that logo off to avoid any inadvertent free advertising for them.
Do you need an adapter for your canon lenses for the sony?

Great video! Enjoy photography never really went out and tried it. Watching your shots and what you do inspires me!

Sent from my iPhone

great thread, I bookmarked it way back when but lost track of it for some reason. You've taken some of the mods to another level, which is good. Many of the changes and things you've done I too have thought about/considered and contemplated. Good combination of engine and drivetrain...I'm thinking about going to the GM auto transmission too (presently have 5speed manual) among other things. A V8 swap literally transforms the trucks character and ups the fun factor a good bit in my view.

ON top of that you actually use the truck :) off road! Overall a great combination of modifications, thanks for posting up the details and pics from your mods and travels.

great thread, I bookmarked it way back when but lost track of it for some reason. You've taken some of the mods to another level, which is good. Many of the changes and things you've done I too have thought about/considered and contemplated. Good combination of engine and drivetrain...I'm thinking about going to the GM auto transmission too (presently have 5speed manual) among other things. A V8 swap literally transforms the trucks character and ups the fun factor a good bit in my view.

ON top of that you actually use the truck :) off road! Overall a great combination of modifications, thanks for posting up the details and pics from your mods and travels.

Thanks brotha

Ya 0 regrets about going with the auto, loves it on and off-road. I had an H55F for a long time so I know that story well and don't miss it.

But the 4L65E really shines with the the 4:1 reduction gears. I drove it for a year without them but now that I've got 'em I wouldn't want to give them up.

Slight downside is the gears do 'whine' a good bit more than the stock setup...but I've gotten use to it and it's a fair trade. I haven't noticed much of a ding to highway gas milage either.

I have the 4:1 gears as well in my 60 (also installed at Torfab). I've had them for a year, with ~5000 miles on them. I think the whine is less pronounced now vs when new. Could be I'm just getting used to it of course, but in any case I love mine as well.

Has anyone ever wrapped their transfer case in a sound dead we of some sort? Might help.

Awesome composition in the video segment and on your webpage. Thanks for putting the settings up.

I have dynomat on the floor, plus another sound deadener as well (forget the name) between the dynomat and the carpet. It helped. Supposedly lead is great as a sound deadener. Doesn't seem to difficult to put some lead sheet on the top of transfer case, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Made it up to New Hampshire to peep some leaves and check out some Class VI roads, which are mostly listed in the Delorme NH Atlas and the Delorme digital maps on the InReach Explorer (which I have). There's a neat group called Exploring NH that has spent a lot of time mapping and rating the Class VI roads, but you gotta hang and ride with them to get access...which I still don't have...but I did ride with their Fall Crawl and it was a blast. Next to Colorado some of the most fun I've had off road so far has been in NH.

There are some great trails out there. I'm trying to get my '98 XJ Cherokee (lives in VT) ready for a few of the fall events next year. Probably one overland type and then something in Hancock again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom