ATEB HDJ81 Intercooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

'complete' except the link?

works for me..

Definitely has more bottom end off boost grunt. I turned up the boost to 15-17 PSI but have had no time to hit the local freeway hills. So far it's really good and there is no additional lag. Will try some freeway stuff tomorrow, All pipes are tucked high and still have access to all regular service items.

John also did a bit more tuning, adjusted my brake bias valve, installed a new/old steering gear box and the soon to be famous frame plate. He also gave me a nice stock HDJ grille to replace my aftermarket 'sombrero' style one. Now Steiger is the only one with the bling 'Strut' grille! lol ( but I don't think he will be seeing much more than my taillights!)

Excellent service and attention to detail from John- Thanks!

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

Last edited:
Freakin' sweet. Will you be giving test rides at the next meeting? :D

Sweet. I got too much junk in front of my rad with the 8274 and tranny cooler taking up all available space. I guess that means I'll have to go top-mount, and put in a hood scoop!

I wanna come for a test ride!!!

oh- here's a video of the shop with some up close of the install...

http://youtu.be/LOgS4EKoGGM

I have to go to Cullen Detroit Diesel tomorrow for air filters, might as well take it for a burn out to the land of cheap gas..

hey- I never noticed how buggered up my winch cable looked. Only ever been used to recover Lance BTW...

Where's the video that shows some speed and you getting a ticket from your wife???

hence the reason I drive slow..

Hey- how many amps if the hydrogen up to now? Any impressions?

Come on John, tell me the BJ74 kit is in the works...!!

Where's the video that shows some speed and you getting a ticket from your wife???

Hey- I think I might 'borrow' her company Toughbook and enter some of your more, ahem, imaginative posts in the personal comments section that comes up every time a cop runs your plate. Like the giant knotted rope idea etc...

Ok so there is an across the board 200 degree c reduction in egt and there is no way I can get above 950 deg f

sailor said:
Ok so there is an across the board 200 degree c reduction in egt and there is no way I can get above 950 deg f

Sorry that should be Fahrenheit pre turbo. I am at a much lower boost number as well so that should indicate I am getting the performance with less pedal. Seems that I am hardly pressing the pedal at all.

Breathe, baby, breathe. You have a 3" exhaust as well, right?

That's a good drop in EGT's, I have a few coolers at home I have been measuring up for Gavin's 2HT.

Bad ass G!

When you get the boost sorted out back to 17psi you will probably running cooler egts again hense having more air added to your 10lbs. You could up your fuel technically and get it to 1200 pre turbo and have even more power while still having reliability.
Looks pretty clean, I like the modded 1hz crosspipe.

question to everyone with a 1hd-t.
I have ordered a 1hd-t airbox lid and I am hoping to place my silicone/stainless exhaust order tonight.
I am still trying to find the size of pipe from the airbox for the silicon I need to order.
Help would be greatly appreciated to know that size...

hence the reason I drive slow..

Hey- how many amps if the hydrogen up to now? Any impressions?

Well, no noticeable difference yet, I might have to start the process over again, because I ramped it up when I found out what the little screw was for. I guess it will remove the coating it makes on the stainless steel plates and not be very effective. From the email I got, I should have ramped it up with .5 amp increments. Not really sure what's going on with it, since the water should be getting brown too. I kind of sent a snarky reply since not much info. was given to me or with the kit on how to set it up properly. It looks like a great kit, but their business skills are quite lacking.

I guess when I sent you that e-mail saying that I think it is working was a little premature, I think my truck was just having a good moment where it felt more powerful after I turned up the screw and just coincidental that it felt that way, since the next day it felt kind of sluggish as per usual since I have been in K town.

I will have John look at when I get back in town.

No sweat lance I'm sure with a bit of tinkering it will sort itself out. I am anxious to see how it effects the truck...

Foreal. The boost is now maxing at 17 psi with very fast spool up, way faster than the safari truck. My earlier impressions were formed at 17 psi max. I'm sure John has your answers off the top of his head...

Foreal you will have an email shortly... I totally forgot!

And while I am at it... I got some dirt n mud on my truck, it looks fitting I almost don't want to wash it... Naw who am I kidding! I want this mod, maybe John will hear from me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom