Alex Carvallo at AOE stole $900 from me ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am planning on getting rid of my AOE bumper and going with a 4X4 Labs front.
I may offer to get it from you, it would definitely be the least painful AOE sale in history :grinpimp:

GD now I'm going to have to find some sparklers...

Updates:

So far as per the last commitment by Alex for the bumper by sea cargo by Icontainers was all fake & the Reference number was only for booking. i got all this info by Iconatiners management as there was no tracking number and bumper wasn't handover by him to them & they sent him emails etc alot to submit the required documents & bumper, But No Response From Alex.

hence i was FOOLED once again haha haha ....

but story didn't finished YET ..

when i come to knw all this I was not only MAD, infact i got Crazy & Called Alex
Talked Him In A Way Which I Dont Prefer To Talk Again With Any1.

After 2 Days I Got This Response ...

15046446_1429959307054616_31394829_n.jpg

Finally It Happened & Took 4-5 Days To Get The Bumper Now ..

15050085_1429982993718914_334603535_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had sparklers on hand and then set them aside now I may have to find them again.

Before I dig out the sparklers, did you open the box and did it have a bumper in it?

Before I dig out the sparklers, did you open the box and did it have a bumper in it?

ha ha ha ...
YES The Bumper Is There ... & I Already Hand Over It To The Next Shippers For Next Destination

ha ha ha ...
YES The Bumper Is There ... & I Already Hand Over It To The Next Shippers For Next Destination
& Finally I Received The Bumper ... Game Over

View attachment 1350698

WOW! I am glad you have gotten your bumper. I wish mine had come shipped like that. Mine was wrapped in bubble wrap and not even on a pallet when I got it. It had been slid around on a loading dock I am guessing. Scratches and gouges on the front of it. Powder coat flaking off in areas. Make sure you go over it really well. If he is still using the same powder coating, it is a joke. Will start to flake off very quickly. Absolutely no prep.

WOW! I am glad you have gotten your bumper. I wish mine had come shipped like that. Mine was wrapped in bubble wrap and not even on a pallet when I got it.

As far as the packaging, having to ship to UAE/Pakistan he may have been forced to properly package it by the carrier. Just a guess, though.

As far as the packaging, having to ship to UAE/Pakistan he may have been forced to properly package it by the carrier. Just a guess, though.

Yes
The Shippers " Sky Cargo - (Emirates Air Line, UAE) " have policy for such packing and is done by them as he just hand over the bumper to them :)

WOW! I am glad you have gotten your bumper. I wish mine had come shipped like that. Mine was wrapped in bubble wrap and not even on a pallet when I got it. It had been slid around on a loading dock I am guessing. Scratches and gouges on the front of it. Powder coat flaking off in areas. Make sure you go over it really well. If he is still using the same powder coating, it is a joke. Will start to flake off very quickly. Absolutely no prep.

Not Happy With The Powder Coat ... Seems Like Joke To Me ...
I ll Do Paint Job Again ...

FYI: Anyone reading this thread should take the time to call Alex before making a decision not to purchase. I called Alex and had a bumper on my car in two weeks. He said it would be in the next batch. He called a week later when it arrived. I drove up the next day and it was installed.

FYI: Anyone reading this thread should take the time to call Alex before making a decision not to purchase. I called Alex and had a bumper on my car in two weeks. He said it would be in the next batch. He called a week later when it arrived. I drove up the next day and it was installed.
I spoke to Alex numerous times before handing over money. I was assured it would be in the next batch. I'm also not the only one. You got lucky, that's all

HI Alex

I spoke to Alex numerous times before handing over money. I was assured it would be in the next batch. I'm also not the only one. You got lucky, that's all

I am not saying you and others did not have a problem. I am just letting others know how my transaction went. The difference may be that I told him I would NOT pay up front. He asked and I refused because of this thread. I told him to call if the bumper arrived when he said it would and I would drive up to get mine. He did and I received the bumper as promised.

I am not saying you and others did not have a problem. I am just letting others know how my transaction went. The difference may be that I told him I would NOT pay up front. He asked and I refused because of this thread. I told him to call if the bumper arrived when he said it would and I would drive up to get mine. He did and I received the bumper as promised.

Man are you lucky !!! That he had just one made, was short on money and that this thread was made with losses and frustrations to help you !

:cheers:

I agree that I got lucky. I have the bumper I wanted on my 1997 LX450 sitting In my driveway. I am currently waiting for my White Knuckle rocker panel guards. I hope they arrive in two weeks as promised.

Not Alex. My name is Troy and I am a new member on this site.

I purchased my fully locked LX 450 about 5 months ago. I am just starting my build. First, OME 3.5 inch heavy lift. Second, ordered White Knuckle sliders. Third, purchased and had installed the AOE front bumper. Next, purchase and have installed the rear bumper system. I may go with AOE because I like their product. I may go with something else if someone points me in a different direction.

I've been wheeling in the area around Big Bear Lake several times over the last few months. On the last trip, I met a guy with a tricked out Tacoma. When I asked him about his rig and the gear on it, he told me he was the engineer that designed the parts and AOE manufactured them. He told me AOE had a pretty nice front bumper for the 80 series. I told him I was looking at the ARB Bull Bar. He suggested I look at images online. I did and the AOE front bumper caught my attention. I did an online search for AOE and found this thread. Because of the information on this thread I took a very aggressive position with Alex. He told me the exact same things he had told many of you. I must pay all or at least 50% up front and the bumper would be ready in about two weeks. Alex actually told me he had 5 bumpers coming in two weeks. He said 4 were sold and I could have the 5th. I told him about this thread and, because of this thread, told him I would NOT give him any money up front. I told him to call me when the bumpers were in his shop for me to look at. I told him that the thread also said the powder coat on his bumpers was crap and that I do not buy crap. He said he would call. About a week after the initial call Alex called me asking if I still wanted a bumper. I told him I did and to call me when he had them. I few days later he said they would be in the shop the next day. I told him I would drive up to see them. When I arrived the next day Alex was not there. I asked one of the guys in the shop where he was. He replied telling me Alex was at the powder coat shop picking up the bumpers. About half an hour later Alex arrived with 4 bumpbers in the back of a truck. One must have been a custom order because it was white powder coat. The other three were black. His shop installed the bumper and about 6 hours later I was on my way home. This photo is in my driveway in San Diego.

Call it luck or whatever. The bottom line is, Alex did exactly what he said he would and provided the bumper in the time frame he said he would for the price we agreed on.

I purchased my fully locked LX 450 about 5 months ago. I am just starting my build. First, OME 3.5 inch heavy lift. Second, ordered White Knuckle sliders. Third, purchased and had installed the AOE front bumper. Next, purchase and have installed the rear bumper system. I may go with AOE because I like their product. I may go with something else if someone points me in a different direction.

I've been wheeling in the area around Big Bear Lake several times over the last few months. On the last trip, I met a guy with a tricked out Tacoma. When I asked him about his rig and the gear on it, he told me he was the engineer that designed the parts and AOE manufactured them. He told me AOE had a pretty nice front bumper for the 80 series. I told him I was looking at the ARB Bull Bar. He suggested I look at images online. I did and the AOE front bumper caught my attention. I did an online search for AOE and found this thread. Because of the information on this thread I took a very aggressive position with Alex. He told me the exact same things he had told many of you. I must pay all or at least 50% up front and the bumper would be ready in about two weeks. Alex actually told me he had 5 bumpers coming in two weeks. He said 4 were sold and I could have the 5th. I told him about this thread and, because of this thread, told him I would NOT give him any money up front. I told him to call me when the bumpers were in his shop for me to look at. I told him that the thread also said the powder coat on his bumpers was crap and that I do not buy crap. He said he would call. About a week after the initial call Alex called me asking if I still wanted a bumper. I told him I did and to call me when he had them. I few days later he said they would be in the shop the next day. I told him I would drive up to see them. When I arrived the next day Alex was not there. I asked one of the guys in the shop where he was. He replied telling me Alex was at the powder coat shop picking up the bumpers. About half an hour later Alex arrived with 4 bumpbers in the back of a truck. One must have been a custom order because it was white powder coat. The other three were black. His shop installed the bumper and about 6 hours later I was on my way home. This photo is in my driveway in San Diego.

Call it luck or whatever. The bottom line is, Alex did exactly what he said he would and provided the bumper in the time frame he said he would for the price we agreed on.
Well I'm glad it worked out for you. He must have lost a bit of business and had a wake up to himself. @Hollowman got one too, after massive delays and it had lousy powdercoat to boot

Welcome Troy!

It simply looked odd when you joined, apparently, just to support someone who has caused so many problems for so many members.

I apologize!

You should start your own thread, in the appropriate forum, and paste the meat of your last post therein... It's good info and a good introduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom