A/C Heater blower motor replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello, I have an 89' fj60 land cruiser. The AC blower stopped working, so I purchased a new one on Amazon. "Four Seasons/Trumark 35184". It looks identical to the old one, however the strength of the blower is weak. The fan goes through the low - high speeds, but "high" feels like the old "low" if you know what I mean. Is this the wrong motor or is it just a piece of crap because it was $40? Gotta get this fixed, this is my wife's and young sons daily driver. Any help is appreciated!

Did you replace the squirrel cage fan too? If so, is it any different?...like maybe not designed to move as much air.

Source a used fan motor here for comparison. A used one may run forever.

Did you replace the squirrel cage fan too? If so, is it any different?...like maybe not designed to move as much air.

Source a used fan motor here for comparison. A used one may run forever.
I used the same fan, screwed right on to the new motor.

I have no experience with the 4-seasons motor, so don't know it's output. But your blower resistor may be failing. I'd try connecting 12V directly to the motor and see how she blows. If it's weak, may be the motor. Is the polarity correct ? Was there a connector to the harness or did you have to wire it in?

I have no experience with the 4-seasons motor, so don't know it's output. But your blower resistor may be failing. I'd try connecting 12V directly to the motor and see how she blows. If it's weak, may be the motor. Is the polarity correct ? Was there a connector to the harness or did you have to wire it in?
There were two wires and a connector. One way for clockwise one for counter. I switched them to test and the wheel is spinning the correct way.

Mine failed yesterday. Replaced it with an aftermarket from Napa. Bolted right on but needed to splice the wires. A bit noisier than the original but works.

mine doesn't seem to be as powerful as I'd like...I plan to verify the harness is intact, the resistor is within spec and then rebuild the motor- or rather, having my local small motor shop rebuild it...I am super disappointed in the aftermarket. A rebuild 30 YO toyota part will last longer than a brand new POS aftermarket copy. everything from alternators to smog pumps to harmonic balancers can be rebuilt...just gotta have the down time option or a spare OEM part to send in and know who to ask to do the work...hit your local cruiser club to find the secret local shops...

I am in the same boat, as far as my new aftermarket blower motor just isn't as powerful. Maybe I will try a Napa brand.

Frank

I'd put 12V directly to the motor and see how she blows. ;)

I thought on 4 that was basically 12V to the motor. Nevertheless that is a good idea. If there is too much resistance in the wiring that is an easy way to tell.

Frank

If your original is beyond repair, there are still NOS ones available if you look around.

So, I noticed tonight while installing my NAPA (VDO) fan that it actually matters how you orient it (duh). If the cage fan does not align with the intake hole within which is biased sort towards the driver's seat, you get poor air flow and a loud fan. Well my old fan was probably fine, it was an aftermarket one too, and I will keep on the shelf, but my AC is blowing cold and hard now.

Frank

Blower motor fail/maintenance. Is this thing a part # that is available?

IMG_4403.jpg

Hi, I have not found a aftermarket fan that blows as well,is as quiet, or lasts anywhere near as long as the Toyota. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom