Registry 80 Series Registry (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been lurking for a while, finally decided to join.
1. 96 LC
2. Chris
3. StormTrooper
4. 250K
5. Slee'd
6. Overlanding

image.jpeg

1. 1997 40th Anniversary
2. Huerta
3. Fez Johnson a.k.a. FJ (Long story, just ask)
4. 195K
5. 3D cup holders... and that's about it right now.
6. Project vehicle, fiance's backup snow vehicle, hunting rig

It's in pieces at the moment, but it was in a front end accident and I'm addressing some rust issues in the rocker panels. Hopefully I'll have it put together by October.

IMAG0521.jpg

Ive been on the forum for a short time and figured I'd go ahead show off my rig!

1. 1997 FZJ80 Collectors Edition 3x locked
2. Name of owner: Hunter
3. Name of rig: ROO
4. Mileage: 163k
5. Mods: OME lift, BFG All terrains, upgraded sound system, custom exhaust, Bumpers front/Rear, Roof rack.. the list goes on
6. How the truck is used: DD, weekend warrior, camping rig
7. Photo:
IMG_20151204_171312-2.jpg

Hi guys! Couldn't resist !bought a fj 80 500 bucks runs all lights work and drives the beach(defiantly needs tlc). All u joints/check engine light is on 1.1991. 2.live on Nantucket island. 3.use-for beach fishing(night/day)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg
1. 1997
2. Dirk
3. SparklyCar (my daughter named it!)
4. 199k....great interior condition
5. Haven't done much, but it does have an in-dash dvd/gps, painted the wheel flares, front bumper and rear bumper, grill (no more gold), sanded wheels and painted. Lots to do!
6. Weekend Vehicle....or when my daughter requests to ride in the very back. She loves the 3rd row.

Long time lurker on this forum but just made an account! I figured I'd post my rig. I actually bought it off another forum member who bought it from another so it's been in the ih8mud family for awhile.

1. FZJ80, 1993. 1HD-T engine swap.
2. Me
3. Ignacia
4. 285k
5. Personally I haven't done much to it, but it's had lots of work done to it when I got it. Mainly the 1HD-T engine swap done by Sheldon Walsh. I've never met him but I hear he used to be pretty active here. For a full list you can just see what I bought here. Since then I replaced the radiator, installed lots of LED lights, and put a kaymar bumper on the rear
6. I drive it occasionally in the city to help friends move things but really only take it out every other month for long trips. Been on a few trips off roading and camping through Baja. For a couple months it was in a garage in Cabo (a very secure one!) until I went back for another trip driving it back up.

Would love some maintenance tips beyond what's just in the manual. It's hard knowing what the right things to focus on are. I live in San Francisco, rarely drive, and don't have many knowledgable car wise folks in my social circles, so would love some advice/recommended links from you folks.

IMG_7061.JPG

2016-07-17 17.47.33.jpg

Long time lurker on this forum but just made an account! I figured I'd post my rig. I actually bought it off another forum member who bought it from another so it's been in the ih8mud family for awhile.

1. FZJ80, 1993. 1HD-T engine swap.
2. Me
3. Ignacia
4. 285k
5. Personally I haven't done much to it, but it's had lots of work done to it when I got it. Mainly the 1HD-T engine swap done by Sheldon Walsh. I've never met him but I hear he used to be pretty active here. For a full list you can just see what I bought here. Since then I replaced the radiator, installed lots of LED lights, and put a kaymar bumper on the rear
6. I drive it occasionally in the city to help friends move things but really only take it out every other month for long trips. Been on a few trips off roading and camping through Baja. For a couple months it was in a garage in Cabo (a very secure one!) until I went back for another trip driving it back up.

Would love some maintenance tips beyond what's just in the manual. It's hard knowing what the right things to focus on are. I live in San Francisco, rarely drive, and don't have many knowledgable car wise folks in my social circles, so would love some advice/recommended links from you folks.

View attachment 1319646

View attachment 1319647

Very Nice! I am in Sacto. I am building a 94 FZJ 80.

1. '94 FZJ80
2. CJ
3. On road: "Cruiser" - Off road: Over the CB shes referred to as "The Unstoppable"
4. ~300k
5. For starters shes the "Get away" edition (aussie travel show);
2" King springs
Adjustable Koni Shocks
Hurricane extractors, 2.5" exhaust
Dual battery set up (honestly not sure which, was previous owners install.)
32" Yokohama Geolandars
Dual fuel Gas conversion (combined 180 litre)
Less conventionally, inside has been made a 3 seater to make space for tools/gear and my swag for those long trips alone.

6. Primarily she is my DD, but she's taken me to see the ends of my lovely country, beaches, mud sloshes hiding beautiful spots and of course to the tops of ranges to show me everything there is to see. The 80 series is a wonder of its own in my eyes! Thanks Toyota!

7. Photos! I have so many but only 3 (I'll use 2) here with me! They're all 2000k away! heh. The troubles of a traveler life ;)
12194397_10153418183453089_1570928419_o.jpg
20151025_184022.jpg

12194397_10153418183453089_1570928419_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a locked collectors edition after years of lurking here and shopping on Craigslist. Got it for a great price ($2k) and it runs well and has no rust. Downside is that it needs paint and is very funky inside. Major work is ahead starting with current efforts towards disassembly and build planning. Funny tidbit on this cruiser is that it currently has different size tires on the rear end and when I tested the rear locker it wanted to drive in circles.

1. 1997 collectors edition with factory diff locks
2. Jonathan
3. tbd
4. 230k
5. Epic filth!
6. restoration project
7. Photo:

97lc.jpg

New to the 80 club. I've had my rig about three weeks and have gained a lot of LC knowledge in these forums. I'm replacing my 96 Bronco with a 96 LC to make the wife happy.

1. 1996 LC with factory front and rear lockers
2. Brian
3. El See
4. 182,000
5. Mods on rig as I bought it. 3" OME lift with caster correction brackets, 32" tires, custom roof rack(made by previous owner), and seat covers.
6. Overland and back country exploration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom