Registry 80 Series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Excellent decision. She will be happy.
Wellcome to the club.

1. 1997 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Mosalf
3. Name of rig: Bulldozer
4. Mileage: 140k
5. Mods: 2.5OME springs, upgraded sound system, custom exhaust, Snorkel, Roof rack.. lots more to go in.
6. How the truck is used: weekend sand bashing and mountain trails

20160808_221106.jpg

20160808_221049.jpg

20160808_215431.jpg

12400836_1206775656017216_9215060642102552754_n.jpg

1474550_1206774902683958_8956856700810833480_n.jpg

Hi all. Been lurking for awhile, just been waiting to contribute meaningfully before I joined up. I got my 93 LC a year ago, stock as can be. It's undergone some changes since then and I am troubleshooting a little gremlin I'll post about later, but I see how some people on here are about posting an intro first... (Seems to be a pre-req, based on some of the responses to other noobs). Anyway, here she is when I bought her on day 1 - about a year ago, with 190K - no lockers.

My 93 Land Cruiser Maroon L.jpg

1. Year and model: 1997 "Collector's Edition"
2. Name of owner: Sanjay
3. Name of rig: Canyonero
4. Mileage: 62,900
5. Mods...if any: none yet
6. How the truck is used: second car, maybe daily driver once fixed up
7. Photo:
rj9XcYf.jpg

Just picked this up. It's going to need a bit of work there's a fair bit of rust on the underside to eliminate and persistent squeaks and a gas smell. But with the help of this forum and some friends I think that I'll be able to get it back to tip top shape.

$7,500. It has a re-build title due to theft and the aforementioned issues. So I think it was fair/I probably overpaid a bit. This is going to take several weekends on a lift to clear up the rust, replace the bad bolts, and clean it up with POR-15.

I'm debating keeping the 90's-tastic decals on the side.

$7,500. It has a re-build title due to theft and the aforementioned issues. So I think it was fair/I probably overpaid a bit. This is going to take several weekends on a lift to clear up the rust, replace the bad bolts, and clean it up with POR-15.
I'm debating keeping the 90's-tastic decals on the side.
Seems like quite a project. You gonna do it yourself? I myself wouldn't do it, I have pretty much no experience with welding and cutting and all that. What decals?

It is. There's a lift at work I am hoping to be able to use. None of the rust has destroyed the frame and I think a needle scaler and wire brush should be able to get most of this. Of course I've never done it, but I am from Buffalo originally and I know what rust will do.

The decals run the length of the car. they're in that photo, they probably look like a reflection right under the window. I've never seen them on another LC, so I wonder if they were aftermarket.

The decals run the length of the car. they're in that photo, they probably look like a reflection right under the window. I've never seen them on another LC, so I wonder if they were aftermarket.
My friend had a Black 91 that he sold, and his had those decals so I'm thinking they're stock in some way...

1 year 1996
2 name of owner Brandon
3 name of rig old d b
4 311,000
5 just better tires have rear e locker that I need to install and planning a small lift
6 how's the truck used daily driver kid hauler weekend trail riding

This isn't my first cruiser - I had a 60 several years ago that's now in Mexico taking film crews through the jungle. It's in the shop now getting baselined and other than bumpers and a winch and some lights I don't think I'll ever mod it. No need.

Well, it only took me 19 years to buy one, I feel in love with this rig when I first saw it in '97, and spent the last 8 months trying to find one...here she is!

1. 1997 40th, Sage
2. name of owner - Hardy
3. name of vehicle - working on that
4. 206K miles
5. bone stock original, aside from an air horn i just added
6. use: fitting into tight parking spots. (not)

Completed: trans case & F&R diff service + new radiator, rotor, plugs and some misc items. New Toyo Open County tires, brakes.
Next: leaky Valve cover (nervous about that one, and where that will lead...) Going to Mudrak for the diagnosis...
Next: PS hose leaking a whisp or two
Next: full wax/polish, buff out the notion of oxidization forming behind the sun roof.
Next: Vintage Piaa 6" round drivers from my BMW2002 (sold in 1997)
Next: PrinSu Rack (yeah, group buy #2)
Next: do i fix the antenna? or install BT radio...decisions... Maybe get the rear door locks working again?
Next: Maybe fix only spot of rust I can find, the single rusty bolt (which is ironically, inside on the attachment bar for the third row seat)
Next: diagnose rear defroster's inability to function
Next: find a fender clip for the RR wheel arch (any suggestions welcome)
Next: get it really F'ing dirty!!!!!

IMG_6672.JPG

Love that color.
What do you need a rear defroster for in Alameda?? :flipoff2:

Well, it only took me 19 years to buy one, I feel in love with this rig when I first saw it in '97, and spent the last 8 months trying to find one...here she is!

1. 1997 40th, Sage
2. name of owner - Hardy
3. name of vehicle - working on that
4. 206K miles
5. bone stock original, aside from an air horn i just added
6. use: fitting into tight parking spots. (not)

Completed: trans case & F&R diff service + new radiator, rotor, plugs and some misc items. New Toyo Open County tires, brakes.
Next: leaky Valve cover (nervous about that one, and where that will lead...) Going to Mudrak for the diagnosis...
Next: PS hose leaking a whisp or two
Next: full wax/polish, buff out the notion of oxidization forming behind the sun roof.
Next: Vintage Piaa 6" round drivers from my BMW2002 (sold in 1997)
Next: PrinSu Rack (yeah, group buy #2)
Next: do i fix the antenna? or install BT radio...decisions... Maybe get the rear door locks working again?
Next: Maybe fix only spot of rust I can find, the single rusty bolt (which is ironically, inside on the attachment bar for the third row seat)
Next: diagnose rear defroster's inability to function
Next: find a fender clip for the RR wheel arch (any suggestions welcome)
Next: get it really F'ing dirty!!!!!

View attachment 1332819

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom