Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LM@O….It’s not my fault, I was just minding my own business, hangen’ on MUD, when outa nowhere this event spontaneously combusted…😳

Hmmmm - someone might oughta contact Browns Stadium - this event seems to be coming under the Multiplier Effect. :rofl:

Tech deflection in progress, new rubber meets new rims. Better visuals to follow.

B2FDFA78-A776-49A1-8F24-CFCBB9F66FB1.jpeg

21E7D8CB-D400-4946-922C-966D363C0A73.jpeg

Sneak preview…

Posted a couple snippets earlier. Here’s a “Full Monty” of the aft section, complete with the right cap.
I’ll probably be relighted to keg duty for the preview but, it was totally worth it.

The mule is tucked in nicely next to a 62 boarding over at the garage. Nice company for the weekend.

D2D7276E-07D6-4ECE-AEE7-5336C8DCF8E3.jpeg

50DE1B1F-C620-4ABD-A0F8-841F528A540C.jpeg

man that’s so sweet. i’m way behind you on the aluminum body but maybe i’ll get it mocked up this summer. your result is so inspiring!! i don’t think i could do the mirror finish quite to that level. i’m way to observant of little details like scratches that’ll drive me nuts!! but man what a beautiful result you’ve got!!

Last edited:
I can't believe we are discussing an actual gathering in NE Ohio, the Cruiser Gods will be smiling. It has been many years of loneliness here in Ohio! Hahahaha! I wonder if those wheels would fit on my 40 with my new fancy exhaust, they look SOOOOO good! I need to replace my 20+ year old tires and I'm not a fan of the tall, skinny look. Those are perfect, I am looking up those wheels now, I like them more without the caps ;)

Looking for. Nearby hook for overnight accommodations in the event,,,,I’m driviing with my wife,,,it will need to be suitable for a queen or with breakfast and stuff.

man that’s so sweet. i’m way behind you on the aluminum body but maybe i’ll get it mocked up this summer. you result is so inspiring!! i don’t think i could do the mirror finish quite to that level. i’m way to observant of little details like scratches that’ll drive me nuts!! but man what a beautiful result you’ve got!!

Thanks, all credit to the guys putting in the effort at RCLC. It’s their hard work and skill set that is making this work the way it does.

I can't believe we are discussing an actual gathering in NE Ohio, the Cruiser Gods will be smiling. It has been many years of loneliness here in Ohio! Hahahaha! I wonder if those wheels would fit on my 40 with my new fancy exhaust, they look SOOOOO good! I need to replace my 20+ year old tires and I'm not a fan of the tall, skinny look. Those are perfect, I am looking up those wheels now, I like them more without the caps ;)

We went back and forth with the wheel options. In the end the 52’s offered the most flexibility with the size options, bang for the $$$ and the right look.

Did you get the full on stainless exhaust (the whole enchilada)?

We went back and forth with the wheel options. In the end the 52’s offered the most flexibility with the size options, bang for the $$$ and the right look.

Did you get the full on stainless exhaust (the whole enchilada)?
My truck was the guinea pig, They wanted it for a week to test fit the header, then that turned into the whole summer. Was a bummer since we only have a few months to enjoy salt free roads here, but I got my truck back with "the whole enchilada." It was well-worth the wait, the time taken shows how much time and effort went into making these. We also got an extended summer with warm weather and rain free after labor day, so I still got some time before putting it away for the winter. It sounds amazing, but I can no longer get my truck to backfire at will since my exhaust leak is gone. That was kind of fun, lol. The pics in the header thread are my 40. :) I definitely recommend!

Last edited:
50 years ago I would have never thought about how quickly the salt roads in Vermont could EAT my FJ40. I had seen tons of 10 and 15 year old cars that seemed to have earned their rusted out quarters and doors. Was just the way you had a car that was 10 or 15 years old it was expected …and for anybody looking to buy a used car they would be sure it was from the south somewhere so they’d get another five or 10 years out of the sheet metal.

My Land Cruiser , within 6 years, looked like Swiss cheese. You comment goes deep. I never thought I would turn into such a Land Cruiser NUT so many years later. I would have washed it more 🤔

Looking for. Nearby hook for overnight accommodations in the event,,,,I’m driviing with my wife,,,it will need to be suitable for a queen or with breakfast and stuff.

As the event comes to reality we can make some suggestions. Lots of options

Someone will shout me down on this I'm sure, but for vintage Land Cruiser applications, those Fifteen52 Analogs are the best-looking aftermarket wheel ever produced.
Agreed, there are some challenges but nothing that makes them not worth using.

Tires are 285-75R16’s. I run the 265 version on the Tundra. They have a taller sidewall. Skinny’s are OK, it’s a look, I just prefer something a little phatter. If you get a set, don’t buy the center “52” caps/rings I have an extra set. I’ll drop them off at the shop next visit north.

Everybody knows what they like. I wanted the YOTA caps as part of 2.0. I ran the 17” FJC rims sans caps on 1.0. It is a different vibe for sure.

With caps…😁

812B523D-6FDC-43E1-8A2E-1CFE98CD5DE9.jpeg

B0522D39-DC10-4082-A9E6-3A480CB3A147.jpeg

Details.

Good shot of the color matched button heads on the 4plus steps. This is a big week for 2.0, some assembly required..😉

A057D23F-C0AF-4428-8976-09C6A2672E4E.jpeg

Clear as glass..

If you recall from earlier posts, the windshield frame is an Aqualu. Fresh glass cut and sealed local (in Ohio). Original windshield frame and glass went with 1.0 to KY.

We’re around the Club House turn and headed on the home stretch, barring any flying trampolines, alien invasion or plague of locust, it’s almost across the finish line…

9E216C38-70DF-4136-A5B1-77FF370558AC.jpeg

7EEFB346-2940-4342-9455-2682358F7B34.jpeg

8AD872D6-65FB-418D-8885-538E1C3E3613.jpeg

Last edited:
Remind me to never park next to a 40 that @Jdc1 has laid his hands on. I don't want people laughing at my work!

That’s why I don’t go near the place unless I’m invited.. 😎 It’s a really good crew, outstanding perigees when it comes to body/paint. Really interesting backstory…They are definitely making it happen.

Remind me to never park next to a 40 that @Jdc1 has laid his hands on. I don't want people laughing at my work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom