73 FST Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423346901.564613.jpg

The long 40 axle fits perfectly into the shortened 60 housing. While it was apart, I replaced the coarse spline rear diff with a fine spline unit from a 62. I'll be replacing the outer bearings and seals in the 60 housing, now that I know it will all go together.

Looks nice man, you are keeping up the pace well. Ill be spinning my wheels to keep up.

How much more expensive is the Ruff Stuff rear housing compared to shortening 60 rear housings? RS housings are $675

And, I would have reused those motor mounts.. You are just showing all your new fancy parts :D

How much more expensive is the Ruff Stuff rear housing compared to shortening 60 rear housings? RS housings are $675

And, I would have reused those motor mounts.. You are just showing all your new fancy parts :D

Rough stuff makes a shortened 60 housing?

The motor mounts will give the rig that new cruiser feeling!

;)

Ruff stuff makes a cruiser housing in any length you want :)

I would think if your engine oil pan is hot enough to need high temp paint you have much bigger problems on your hands.

I would think if your engine oil pan is hot enough to need high temp paint you have much bigger problems on your hands.

YES ^^ IIRC that paint is good for 200F maybe higher. I use base coat/clear coat on my engines and they hold up great. Maybe next to the header collector might be an issue. But, either high temp that or wrap the lower header if it is that big of a concern. Personally, I'd roll with it.

J

The 2F engine normal operating temp is between 190*- 200*F normal paint will contract and expand during temperature extremes and ultimately start to crack and peal, you can avoid pealing by using high temp engine paint it's good to 500*F. Just my .02 cents.

I couldn't pass up these period correct wheels. They popped up on craigslist and were super cheap.

I had a set on my last 40. These aren't quite as wide as my old ones, which I preferred since I'm not running a lift or wide tires

I'm going to run the steel wheels on my off road adventures and keep these on the shelf.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424728185.600186.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424728381.322839.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom