60Bob.. Custom HJ from down under (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you gonna make us all wait til thurs-fri for some pictures?!!?! :crybaby::crybaby:

Looks good! Cant go wrong with the silver/gray or black and tan.

Thanks maat, I'm really happy with them, pretty damn comfy too

you didn't mention which model ( car maker ) it came from ..

ok so not much has been happening cos im a slacka$$,
how ever, since my last post i have
- purchased a set of front guards and rear doors (including flairs) to replace damaged panels on Bob.
- modded and mounted the rear section of flair to suit my body chop.
- stripped the car completely, pulled doors off, door glass out, mechs, locks and latches all gone
-pulled the side steps off
and i got my glass guy to come around today and pull the windscreen and liftgate windows out
he then took it all home so i dont have to worry about storing or breaking them! WIN!!

so she (yes its a she named Bob) ready for the paint shop, for real this time.
gotta get a few more quotes, then onto a trailer and off to get her make up done

my glass guy is also going to tint my windows for me, so i cant really complain

will try to get some photos of the modded flairs up soon

all i have to do know is make the lower rear section attach to my bar some how
(this will all make sense when the pix come)

so i took bob around to a few paint and panel shops last week, and it looks as like im looking at about 8K for all the body work and a full respray :(
more then i wanted to spend, so it looks like il be paying the bank a visit during the week

Excellent write up mate, good to see another Aussie on board with a 60

love this s***. keep the pics coming mate!

edit: sorry to hear about the quotes. If I were talented in the art of body work I would get this thing looking great for SFA because it deserves it! :beer:

Excellent write up mate, good to see another Aussie on board with a 60

thanks spud, i try to do my best :)

love this ****. keep the pics coming mate!

edit: sorry to hear about the quotes. If I were talented in the art of body work I would get this thing looking great for SFA because it deserves it! :beer:

thanks maat, yea i wish i had the know how too :( oh well

Bob is off at the body shop now, he'll be gone for a few weeks, but il post up some more when he returns,
in the mean time, i will be cleaning up all the interior door cards, seats, etc
getting a few accessories ready go bolt straight on :)

il try to get some progress pics while hes down there

dropped into the paint shop today to check on the progress, met the panel beater working on my junk, turns out he is a fellow 60 nut, he has one at home that he has just finished cutting the rust out of the roof, and is absolutely in love with my cruiser, so i feel Bob is in safe hands and i gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the work so far, took a couple of shots to keep you all up to date.

passenger side

roof
i was very impressed with how straight he has got the roof without any bog so far

drivers side work yet to be started

i have asked the panel beater to take progress shots for me, but i will try to get there before the week is out to get another update, the guy is keen for a wheel when bobs done, I'm hoping i can get any other body work i need down the track, done on the side, could be a good contact to have :)

ok, well for those of you still interested, the paint shop guy screwed me over, no work done on it for 4 months, i have picked the car up and its now at another place, and I'm am stuck trying to get my money back for works not carried out at the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom