Registry 60-series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1983 FJ60
2. Lucas
3. The Cruiser, The tank
4. 402,369
5. We reupholstered all the seats (if that counts), but otherwise it is mostly OEM.
6. Daily Driving
7. We've done lots to the car, but I used this picture because it was all I had that looked decent.

View attachment 1229254

Nice sunroof! Was that a factory option for US spec FJ60's?

Nice sunroof! Was that a factory option for US spec FJ60's?
Thank you sir!
When the cruiser came into our family many a year ago, one had already been installed, so I'm guessing it was not available OEM, but don't quote me on it. Funny store: One time, we were trying to take off the sunroof while driving down the highway (It was an old fashioned one that didn't just pivot up or down but had to come all the way off) and it escaped somebody's hands and flew down the highway. We turned around and found it off a hill on the side of the highway quite a ways back. It was completely intact. When we had a new one installed, it was because of leakage. At that time, we also expanded the size of it.

1. 1988 FJ62
2. Jared
3. Shackelton
4. 105k
5. Soon new tires
6. Daily driver
26034207706_4dcc55d8eb.jpg

image.jpeg
1. 1985 FJ-60
2. Jay C.
3. Name of vehicle:TBD
4. 385k Miles - single family car from new!
5. OME 2.5in, 33's, H55 5 Speed, Rusty body parts
6. Trails, Alternating daily driver, ski truck

1. 1987 FJ-60
2. TYLER BLACKWELL
3. CLIFFORD
4. 269,000
5. 2 1/2 INCH LIFT,MOSTLY REPAIRS THUS FAR.
6. FARM WORK, FAMILY ADVENTURE WAGON

1. 1987 FJ60
2. Alex
3. None yet, haven't made that bond.
4. 278,799
5. 33" AT, a few stickers and a bunch of maintenance.
6. Daily driver, Houston flood readiness vehicle and eventually camping rig.

Rims are Toyota Tundra 16x7, 16-hole steel rims that were powder coated. Put on wheel spacers to keep beam load centerline on the axles (offset) correct. Premium Replacement 16x7 Steel 16 Hole Wheel, Rim - 69392

Rack is the GOBI rack for the 60 series, with GOBI tie down system (ratchet hooks you see). Gobi Racks - Hummer, Jeep, Toyota Racks

Rack also has Hi-Lift bumper mounts on it - those hold the sand ladders. You can also see the Hi-Lift mounts on the front bumper with a jack mounted. Nice because they are drilled for small padlocks. Hi-Lift Jack® Bumper Mount 4xRac

Rack also has two locakble double jerry can holders mounted in the two back corners. These are nice since when not in use, only the low tray portion remains, so it is low profile. I carry three 20 liter fuel cans, and one five gallon water can. http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...runner-universal-double-jerry-can-holder.html

I was going to put in the H55F 5-speed, but for the cost of that, I got my 4-speed and Xfer case rebuilt, new clutch, and a rear ARB locker system. With the driving I do, the 5-speed wasn't going to buy me much, so I am better off carrying extra fuel if I need to. Turn 2500 rpm at 63 mph with the 235/85/16 E BFGs. Good enough for getting down the highway. I hang out with the semis in the right lane :)
Here is a pic of some of the gear mounted on the rack - test fit before a road trip. Again, all lockable.
FJ_Gear_Rack.JPG

1 1984 hj60 manual
2 kurt
3 Tourtub MKII
4 350000 kilometers
5 Turbo kit, 4inch lift, 3inch turbo back
6 Bought as a project 10 years ago been working on it ever since

20160103_090406.jpg

1. 1983 FJ60
2. Lucas
3. The Cruiser, The tank
4. 402,369
5. We reupholstered all the seats (if that counts), but otherwise it is mostly OEM.
6. Daily Driving
7. We've done lots to the car, but I used this picture because it was all I had that looked decent.

View attachment 1229254
Holy mileage and I love the chocked wheels. Moon roof too, sweeeet!

1. 1987 FJ60
2. So far deemed "Badass" (has a huge basket roof rack too but removed for time being to tone it down... I felt a tad too menacing ;)
3. ~185,000
4. Prev desmogged, 3" lift, 35" tires... as of recently pulled air pump and awaiting a idler pulley.
5. DD till the above...
6. Acquired with solid rust free frame, slight rust in edges of doors from VT, thought to have been an AZ truck.

IMG_5922 (1).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom