47's HJ47 ute build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ah lovely...
DSC01027.JPG

DSC01027.JPG DSC01029.JPG
DSC01029.JPG

and the collection grows

and a duel output..

DSC01030.JPG

complete seat belt set arrived as well.

now that that's out of the way, lostmarbles could you please share some more of your knowledge? the issue is that I have rock hard steering. yes I know the answer, toughen up princess:), but seriously? I rebuilt the centre arm box and have new tire rod ends but I reckon that it is still lots harder than my buddy's 47 and just to clarify, my buddy's does not have power steering. I don't know.

any I also picked up a 196- something fj45;) body is rough but it runs like the clappers, aussiehjcruza has the pics...

Check your tyre pressures, a soft tyre will make the steering much harder

My 2c on the tough steering. Did you set the idler arm properly?

(Loosen centre bolt completely. Turn the cap down till tight, then unscrew 2.5 turns. Tighten down centre bolt.)

Maybe I'm teaching Granny to suck eggs, if so my apologies but it can make a big difference.

Love those OME suspensions.

Lookin good! Winch cable ready to go!

My 2c on the tough steering. Did you set the idler arm properly?

(Loosen centre bolt completely. Turn the cap down till tight, then unscrew 2.5 turns. Tighten down centre bolt.)

Maybe I'm teaching Granny to suck eggs, if so my apologies but it can make a big difference.

Love those OME suspensions.
thanks for that mate I will give it a go, as it is harder than my buddy's 47 with 33x12.5 muddies...

also my column switch is mucking up, in particular with the high beams, they sometimes just cut out at random intervals. what do the peoples reckon? pull it out any try fix it or new one? oh, and why does red dust get absolutely everywhere?

DSC01085.JPG

okay so a while since I've updated everyone being going slowly cos of the y11 workload, it entirely s****, but anyway have the bonnet off to fix up the rust, also painted up the front bib in the final colour, really happy with it. its not the final coat but just a very thin teaser one. hopefully get it done some time this week. and with the body work, I have decided to repaint the whole outside of it because the original paint has worn so thin (see first pic of post 273).

DSC01103.JPG

DSC01104.JPG

DSC01105.JPG

DSC01106.JPG

DSC01107.JPG

sorry about the terrible pics but enough to get the idea? I also received my rear greaseable shackles so I put on the rear springs finally. the second pic is the holes for the snorkel which I've taken off for painting (the body that is).

DSC01116.JPG

DSC01108.JPG

DSC01112.JPG

DSC01117.JPG

Last edited:
pics are soooo bad but this is why I need a new exhaust, thinking that I will get someone to make me up a custom one, can't buy any of the shelf these days.

also went down to brad at early landcruiser spares for a few parts, and ended up walking out of there with some nice new tyres to get me through rego, so she's running the same tread all around now.

oh and some remains of the fun I had the other night....

DSC01114.JPG

DSC01115.JPG

DSC01110.JPG

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01113.JPG

Lookin good mate! But joisus you need to learn to take a better picture lol!

and yes I know, poor photos again. need better camera. 03 vintage one is sorta out of date now is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom