HJ47 Ute to Troopy swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Righto, I’ve had a look around and I can’t find and definitive answers, hoping someone here can help!

I have a HJ47 Ute, but I want to convert it to a Troopcarrier via a cab swap, as I already have a 5spd gearbox and turbo 2H on my ute chassis.

How different are the HJ47 Troopy & HJ47 Ute frames? I understand that the rear tail light area will be different but how similar are they in regards to mounts for the cab?

Cheers!

Not sure that I have the answer that your looking for but... I have a HJ45 which was converted to be more like a troopy as a safari truck in South Africa - company was Meano, I know in Aus you have Arkana conversions in a similar vein.

The point is that my conversion is way longer than a troop carrier, so I'm guessing that the chassis is quite a bit longer.
Not sure if the wheelbase is the same, but I have a lot of overhang at the back.
You could try to blend the two and get the best of both? Keep the pickup cab and bed and build a new top on there?

Screenshot_20230210-180223_eBay.jpg

Not sure that I have the answer that your looking for but... I have a HJ45 which was converted to be more like a troopy as a safari truck in South Africa - company was Meano, I know in Aus you have Arkana conversions in a similar vein.

The point is that my conversion is way longer than a troop carrier, so I'm guessing that the chassis is quite a bit longer.
Not sure if the wheelbase is the same, but I have a lot of overhang at the back.
You could try to blend the two and get the best of both? Keep the pickup cab and bed and build a new top on there?

View attachment 3365608
Thanks for the help man, it’s all appreciated! Awesome looking 45 by the way, I’m going to dig around for some wheelbase dimensions and spec sheets today,

See if I can find some more info.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom