HJ47 Radiator/Intercooler issues - newbie! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I picked up an ‘84 HJ47 with a standard 2H engine on Thursday last week. The radiator has been leaking coolant when parked on an incline - when the driver’s side is slightly lower than the passenger side. It has a front-mounted intercooler radiator system in front of the main radiator. Any ideas about where the leak could be coming from? The motor/pump for the intercooler has also been quite noisier than what I remember it being when I test drove it.
Thanks!
Harry

This always cracks me up, we can't see where it is leaking because we can't see the car....You've got to get under/above the motor and look for wetness/dripping. Get a rag, follow every coolant line in/out of the radiator and along the motor and look for wetness, it will be evident if it was just leaking on the ground.

Wipe it down then reinspect after you know how to recreate leak, that is the only way to find a leak unless it is actively spraying/dripping and the vehicle hasn't moved from the drip point.

How does the level in the bottle look?
I had a damaged radiator cap neck which prevented it sucking back coolant when it cooled down - could be overflowing your overfilled bottle on an incline??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom