2uz engine build 300 to 400 to 500whp? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Instead of adding to my old post on very long journey of TRD to Harrop/Elate supercharger, auto to manual etc I figured I would make a new thread. My LC has been my hobby since moving to Dubai 5 years ago. 1 year left and I'm planning to export it back home to US.
But first, one more build thread. Might be a few months before shop gets started but parts are here , just waiting on quotes. I have no clue why I keep dumping tons of money into my originally perfectly running LC100 except for its fun and Im bored living in the big city. 🤣

For this final stage the 2uz will be built to handle 800hp. With a goal of +400whp @12psi. Currently around 300whp @ 6 psi.

20230915_134559.jpg

20230919_152146.jpg

20230919_155307.jpg

Last edited:
I'm excited to follow this and for you. I love my 100, but the power limitations are my only complaint. 400hp would be amazing!
If you happened to make a part list for others who may want to follow your lead, but feel over their head researching parts. If your build works well, it would be a great template for others to follow.

I'm excited to follow this and for you. I love my 100, but the power limitations are my only complaint. 400hp would be amazing!
If you happened to make a part list for others who may want to follow your lead, but feel over their head researching parts. If your build works well, it would be a great template for others to follow.
Will do Coin, I have the full parts list with part numbers of what I purchased so far. All of the internal engine parts came from US so should be easy to source and the rest is instock OEM. 300+ whp is nice. I would say it feels like a newer model LC. Especially with the Harrop SC . Very smooth. After build I have no idea but 400 whp should be fun for sure. :)

Better hit those dunes at full throttle before you come back to the USA!
Haha the sad part is I brought it to the dunes almost every weekend when it was stock. Since the first performance upgrade went on its just a triple locked, manual trans, boosted, mall crawling daily. 😪

Couple quick videos while I was doing some last minute tuning. Engine work starts tomorrow!!!
Lots of people asked for videos. This was best I could do by myself and not much room to get off the rev limiter in first gear.

Ha, that is awesome.

Very cool project! What fuel will you run it on?
Just Pump gas. I do have methanol injection but not currently using it since swapping from the TRD supercharger. Expecting to add the methanol injection back in once boost is closer to 11-12. For now intercooler and pump gas at 6 psi is great. When I export it to US will switch to E85.

Reactions: GTV
Can you have your guys build two engines? Throw the 2nd one in the back of your truck when you import it to the USA. Thanks in advance!
Honestly I looked at it a every angle and the cost is about the same to get one built from XAT. Only reason I didn't just get short block from them is the shipping and core charge :) Biggest difference here is the labor to pull and replace engine is cheap here. Home in US would do it all myself.
All engine parts I bought I purchased from Xat in Florida then another 400 for shipping and customs fees.

Holy crap! Remind me, how much boost were you running? Do you think that rod bent with the TRD or with the Elate blower?
Only 6 psi with Elate and 7 with TRD. Pretty sure it bent with neither. I had a fuel pressure regulator fail and fuel pump filled engine with fuel enough to fluid lock it. I kept cranking until it wouldn't crank any more. Guessing that's what did it. Never did really run perfect after that. Had very slight miss at idle but still ran like a scalded cat haha

Only 6 psi with Elate and 7 with TRD. Pretty sure it bent with neither. I had a fuel pressure regulator fail and fuel pump filled engine with fuel enough to fluid lock it. I kept cranking until it wouldn't crank any more. Guessing that's what did it. Never did really run perfect after that. Had very slight miss at idle but still ran like a scalded cat haha
Ok that's good to know. I figured 7 psi would be totally safe on the 2UZ but the bent piston made me crap my pants. I ordered a smaller pulley for my blower and it's supposed to be delivered today and I was rethinking my life decisions :crybaby: Hydrolock makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom