2F Aluminum Valve Cover on 1F Engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any issues swapping a 1973 stamped steel 1F valve cover for the Aluminum 2F version (year unknown)? Direct bolt-on or modifications? Which gasket would I use?

Thanks in advance!

It does fit on 67 and newer F engines. I'd use the 2F gasket since that's what fits on the 2F cover.

133782d1087966709-replacement-valve-cover-my-1f-aircleanerdetail.jpeg

You need to use the early aluminum valve cover. If the oil fill is threaded, it won't fit.

You'll also need the 2F nuts. The steel ones are different... :D

I did the same modification to my '70 40 earlier this year. Became weary of the leaking original valve cover. Spent $40 from another member, bought the gasket for a few dollars and had it sand blasted then painted. The threaded studs were to long so I used the replacement rubber gaskets around the studs and reused the original valve cover nuts. May not look like it should with the proper acorn nuts but it stopped the oil seepage and I believe it looks much better.

DWS_1263.JPG

Last edited:
I have a 2F valve cover like the one above (David1947's), will it in fact fit a 1967 135 cylinder head ????

I have a 2f rocker cover on an F155, Was on there when I got it. No leaking issues....

Gaz..

It does fit on 67 and newer F engines. I'd use the 2F gasket since that's what fits on the 2F cover.

133782d1087966709-replacement-valve-cover-my-1f-aircleanerdetail.jpeg
That engine bay looks VERY familiar.:hmm:

Looks great!
I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from you, do you want it removed from this thread?

I think Mark would be just fine with you inserting a credit on the photo, but don't show a photo of Marks beard, it will scare little children.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Here are some shots of mine. No more leaking! And if someone needs a brand new OEM cork gasket for the original steel cover let me know. I've got one sitting around that doesn't work on the aluminum cover... :(
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looks great!
I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from you, do you want it removed from this thread?

Not at all Mike. I'm still just a little incredulous about the way things propogate on the Internet. You can only imagine my marvel at my new iPhone. I really am a 'carbureted' man in a 'fuel-injected' world. I would be a lot more nervous about technology if it weren't for the fact that I can still clearly see through the technology of this forum , and in particular the postings from you, @pngunme , @rkymtnflyfisher , @Chungas Revenge , @DSB345, @lcwizard and others the humanity behind the 'machine'.

Back to tech. Only thing I would add to the previous postings that is not obvious from MY engine bay pic is that I have doubled up two 2F PCV hoses to span the reach from the 2F valve cover to the F air cleaner.

Best

Mark

@65swb45
Mark, that's the low profile 2F valve cover. I was under the impression that it would not fit the rockers on a older head? Did you swap to the newer rockers?

@65swb45
Mark, that's the low profile 2F valve cover. I was under the impression that it would not fit the rockers on a older head? Did you swap to the newer rockers?

That's not my engine you're looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom