2017 LX570 - Back again in another 200 - Ownership log and Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got around to installing the two piece storage solution upgrade. A few days in and I use it every single time I drive. My sunglasses, my cellphone, and my wallet all end up in there and it leaves my cupholders free. My wife also has a place to put her cellphone once she gets bored of scrolling through social media brainwashing
:)

Link to the exact one I purchased is in the video description. They have a variation for the 2008-2015 LX570 and one for the 2016-2021 LX570

2008-2015 and also 2016-2021 LX570 models.I bought it here on aliexpress, it arrived to my house in about 7 days: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DmFTNJN

Here's the full video, enjoy!

-

Dropping this here because your post inspired my project.

I wanted the storage solution, but I also wanted to mount phones in this location using the pro clip console mounts. This is still a prototype, but it shows where I’m going.

I used a 5/16” round connecting nut 2” long. I used a threaded insert to reduce the 5/16 thread to 1/4” and a cheap 1” rubber knob (with a 1/4” stud) to mount to the connecting nut. The plastic bottom is sandwiched with some 1.5” fender washers.

Results- perfectly adequate/strong enough to mount a phone. Not sure about a small tablet, but I don’t have any concerns about a phone damaging the plastic.

Lessons learned for the next person- fender washers are overkill. The inside fender washer is cut down to fit inside the tray. The outside washer slightly overhangs the sides but it isn’t bad. In addition, the hole looks like it’s close to the middle in the bottom of the cubbie, but it appears to be slightly off center at the top. I’m still troubleshooting this.

Plan to mount the phone next, but a 1” ball is nice and flexible. I’m also going to cut a hole in the rubber insert with a sharpened pipe. More to come ;)

IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1970.jpeg

Dropping this here because your post inspired my project.

I wanted the storage solution, but I also wanted to mount phones in this location using the pro clip console mounts. This is still a prototype, but it shows where I’m going.

I used a 5/16” round connecting nut 2” long. I used a threaded insert to reduce the 5/16 thread to 1/4” and a cheap 1” rubber knob (with a 1/4” stud) to mount to the connecting nut. The plastic bottom is sandwiched with some 1.5” fender washers.

Results- perfectly adequate/strong enough to mount a phone. Not sure about a small tablet, but I don’t have any concerns about a phone damaging the plastic.

Lessons learned for the next person- fender washers are overkill. The inside fender washer is cut down to fit inside the tray. The outside washer slightly overhangs the sides but it isn’t bad. In addition, the hole looks like it’s close to the middle in the bottom of the cubbie, but it appears to be slightly off center at the top. I’m still troubleshooting this.

Plan to mount the phone next, but a 1” ball is nice and flexible. I’m also going to cut a hole in the rubber insert with a sharpened pipe. More to come ;)
Nice work!

Did you know you have a middle headrest for the third row of seats? It is hidden in a secret zipper behind the rear seats:

-

You know that red line on your reverse camera? Did you know what it is for? It shows you where you need to park to still be able to open your tailgate / trunk.

-

If you have the roof rack cross bars and are trying to remove or install them. It's fairly straight forward, you just need the little oval shaped "key":

Got the "key" here: https://amzn.to/3RYEXz0

-

Simple video. If you're a beginner to doing your own basic maintenance and have never replaced your own windshield wiper blades, it takes just a couple of minutes and worth learning to do yourself.

Here ya go!

-

Does your power trunk hatch not work at all? First thing to try is the enable/disable button to see if it starts working once you hit the button to enable it:

-

Keep it up dude, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 16+ LX and these are great. How much did you spend on yours if you don't mind me asking? I think you said in your first vid you would talk about it but I think I missed it.

Keep it up dude, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 16+ LX and these are great. How much did you spend on yours if you don't mind me asking? I think you said in your first vid you would talk about it but I think I missed it.
I paid around $52.5k, then taxes, and then an extended warranty. All in I was right around $60k I think. Well worth it for a low mileage 2017 LX. I just recently hit 60k miles on it.

Awesome, thanks! Going to try to hop out for a decent deal, but they seem to be a little hard to find up here.

If you ever run into issues with your tire pressure TPMS system and want to do a reset it’s really easy. Just takes a few seconds to do.

-

TPMS Reset Procedure Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reset your TPMS on Lexus and Toyota

got a big bolt in one of the rear tires over the weekend. Got around to pulling it out and fixing the flat today with a tire plug kit.

Super easy to do. And if you ever go on road trips or on a trail it’s always good to have a tire patch kit, air pump, and the knowledge of how to fix a flat on your own.

-

How to Fix a Flat Tire $5 Will it work? Tire patch Kit -

Easiest way to get PPF clearbra off? I used hot steam and it worked okay. But then switched to hot water and WOW it was surprisingly easy to remove. This is 7-8yr old PPF that was Lexus installed. Do you guys have any better ways you’ve found to do it?

Here’s the video of my PPF removal

-

Picked up a TRD supercharger from a fellow Texas land cruiser junkie :)
This might get interesting.

-

Ordered up a few parts in preparation for the supercharger:

* Replacement smooth pulley - Part 38020
* Replacement grooved pulley - 38009
* Replacement belt - 8PK2860
* 1 step colder NGK Iridium spark plugs - 2309 LFR7AIX
* Fuel pump? Still trying to determine which pump I want to get
* Fuel filter (need to order)
* Seals and things to reseal coolant valley (need to order)

I think I'll be doing things in the following order. Would love to hear any advice from y'all on other things to do:
* Compression check on all 8 cylinders
* Install new spark plugs
* Install a higher flow fuel pump (TBD)
* Run for a week and make sure everything all is good with the new pump
* Pull manifold and reseal coolant valley
* Flush entire cooling system
* Install SC and all accessories
* Drive on factory injectors and factory tune for a while

* Then go back and install the larger injectors and figure out how to get this thing tuned. Someone suggested DAP for tuning?

Does this sound like a good thought process? Am I missing anything? Anything you'd do differently?

Ordered up a few parts in preparation for the supercharger:

* Replacement smooth pulley - Part 38020
* Replacement grooved pulley - 38009
* Replacement belt - 8PK2860
* 1 step colder NGK Iridium spark plugs - 2309 LFR7AIX
* Fuel pump? Still trying to determine which pump I want to get
* Fuel filter (need to order)
* Seals and things to reseal coolant valley (need to order)

I think I'll be doing things in the following order. Would love to hear any advice from y'all on other things to do:
* Compression check on all 8 cylinders
* Install new spark plugs
* Install a higher flow fuel pump (TBD)
* Run for a week and make sure everything all is good with the new pump
* Pull manifold and reseal coolant valley
* Flush entire cooling system
* Install SC and all accessories
* Drive on factory injectors and factory tune for a while

* Then go back and install the larger injectors and figure out how to get this thing tuned. Someone suggested DAP for tuning?

Does this sound like a good thought process? Am I missing anything? Anything you'd do differently?
Seems good to me! I haven't SC'd yet, but when I do, it'll be my Tundra. There is a rather large supercharger thread for the 3UR-FE on the Tundra forum. It is well worth your while reading from top down. Plenty of guys with all of the variants (Maggie, Harrop, Whipple), lots of tuning talk as well as pulleys, injectors, elevation and boost considerations, etc etc.

Pretty much everybody there wants great WHP without stressing an otherwise stock motor too much. The OP builds pulleys and generally helps everybody out.

Link: General Supercharger Thread

Seems good to me! I haven't SC'd yet, but when I do, it'll be my Tundra. There is a rather large supercharger thread for the 3UR-FE on the Tundra forum. It is well worth your while reading from top down. Plenty of guys with all of the variants (Maggie, Harrop, Whipple), lots of tuning talk as well as pulleys, injectors, elevation and boost considerations, etc etc.

Pretty much everybody there wants great WHP without stressing an otherwise stock motor too much. The OP builds pulleys and generally helps everybody out.

Link: General Supercharger Thread
I started reading that thread yesterday. Lots of good info in there. I'm not going for anything crazy, just reliable with more power to play with. Now that you mentioned it I'm bookmarking that thread to spend more time reading through it :cool:

How you like that CarPlay add on?

How you like that CarPlay add on?
It's been awesome. The OEM Lexus infotainment is useless, and was actually a reason I was considering selling the LX570 and going with something else. The carplay addon was a great addition, works really well, and got me to be happy with the car finally with a usable infotainment :)

Got the spark plugs replaced today. I went ahead and installed NGK iridium spark plugs that are one step colder in preparation for the supercharger installation:

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom