2016 What have you done to your 4X4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

I cut my teeth on trails in that part of Colorado. My parents live just 15 miles East of Tin Cup Pass. I hope your kids had a chance to feed the chipmunks in St. Elmo.

Getting closer! :cool:
20160705_122947.jpg

Decided to do a little work To eliminate the minuscule oil leak and replace water pump on old blue. And while you're at it, make it look pretty
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A lot of family interruptions today but progress made. One of these things is not like the other. ;)
20160705_210440.jpg

20160705_205230.jpg

left spring came out of Sturgis, Prior owner said it was a slee 4" spring. (Rear were are ironman 4" springs)

Middle spring came out of Lexi.... I thought it was a 6" Slee, but clearly not. Far right is a Slee 6" spring.

Some parts shiny and new, others dusty and used but ready to slap some wheels on and attack the rear third after an airport run.
:grinpimp:

20160706_102326.jpg

I cut my teeth on trails in that part of Colorado. My parents live just 15 miles East of Tin Cup Pass. I hope your kids had a chance to feed the chipmunks in St. Elmo.
We had to leave before the St Elmo trip. Somehow I chewed up my passenger control arm bushing and the driver side is close. So the clank clank everytime I went over a bump got little too much. But tin cup pass was still closed due to a truck being stuck there and almost rolled over. We did the Taylor pass all the way to aspen. That was fun.

5.29 install is officially done.
:bounce::bounce2:
:cheers: to @2fpower for the climate controlled space to get it done.
20160708_094106.jpg

Ride is a little different with the orange springs borrowed for the front and 6" Slee rears. (1 more turn but same length as what came out.) Closer to level stance with full drawers in cargo.

20160708_094129.jpg

It was definitely time for some maintenance, new rear wheel bearings, new rear drive shaft, replaced front LCA'S due to bushing wear, etc....
20160708_104551.jpg

We had to leave before the St Elmo trip. Somehow I chewed up my passenger control arm bushing and the driver side is close. So the clank clank everytime I went over a bump got little too much.

Front or Rear LCA bushings? Orientation of the bushing is important in the arms. Of course you are pretty sensitive to clanks as Lexi had been clanking for almost a year before I took care of the front LCA's yesterday.

Front or Rear LCA bushings? Orientation of the bushing is important in the arms. Of course you are pretty sensitive to clanks as Lexi had been clanking for almost a year before I took care of the front LCA's yesterday.
It was the fronts that I replaced last year. More specific the ones that are at the frame the one by the axle are fine. I got them from man a fre. My new ones are at the house. I got arb's from cruiser outfitters so will see.

It was the fronts that I replaced last year. More specific the ones that are at the frame the one by the axle are fine. I got them from man a fre. My new ones are at the house. I got arb's from cruiser outfitters so will see.
Since you have the castor correction plates why not go OEM on the bushings? At frame mounts put the main chunk of rubber parallel to the arm. At axle mounts main chunk goes perpendicular to arm.

Last edited:
Paint booth is humid and warm. Dangit.

1468084086148-998806068.jpg

Finally got her loaded into the garage for surgery. Like Ace Ventura would say, "like a glove!" Had to remove roof rack and air down tires. Now time to get her on Jack stands and start tearing stuff apart!

20160709_162712.jpg

20160709_162720.jpg

20160709_163019.jpg

Since you have the castor correction plates why not go OEM on the bushings? At frame mounts put the main chunk of rubber parallel to the arm. At axle mounts main chunk goes perpendicular to arm.

I called Slee a few years back to figure out what the best bushing was for my application, and he said go OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom