Builds 1988 BJ74 “Number 1” (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t have words. I’m sorry it’s not tech related but I owe my cruiser friend this. Feel free to skip. I’ve wanted to update people but haven’t been able to. I didn’t realize how hard just this post would be. I didn’t realize how close we could be to our pets…friends.

I lost my best friend a little bit better a week ago.

View attachment 3622169

View attachment 3622173

Always ready to ride
View attachment 3622170

His favorite part of riding in the cruiser.
View attachment 3622171

He would have been 5 earlier this week. 😞

Two weeks ago he started limping. After a few days we took him in. We were shocked to find out osteosarcoma, or bone cancer. There is no cure, and not really any good options especially for a 140lb dog. It’s a very painful, no cure and usually a maximum of 1 year after diagnosis. It spreads very quickly to the lungs.

He was one misstep, step down, or taking off to run away from a full fractured leg and immense pain. No fix and a rush to euthanize. I couldn’t deal with him being in pain with any possibility of a giant dog in terrible pain.

We made the tough decision to put him down on the 23rd. Some people here and other places basically said any attempts to prolong his life, were just for my benefit at this point.

It’s been devastating for me. He was fully attached to me. He was the most gentle dog you have ever met and loved everyone. I’m very thankful I got to work from home the last 1.5 years as we basically got to spend all day together.

At the vet during the euthanasia appointment it started to rain. It was a sunny day and not supposed to rain. After that hard time we were driving home and this appeared basically above where our house is in the country. Sorry if I’m cheesy or reaching on things.

View attachment 3622184

Finn was a loved member of the family, my best friend and fellow lover of the cruiser. I have tons of photos and memories of us riding in it, working on it or just hanging out in it. He’s been around just as long as my cruiser so it’s been tough to even update this. I could go on and on, but again this is a Land Cruiser message board.

Big shoutout to my friend @PabloCruise who has listened to me struggle and cry and keeps continuing to check in on me. Mud is a good family.

I’ve had other pets, and had to put them to sleep, but I’ve never had one I was this close too.

I miss you my friend.

Oh Finn...
You broke all of our hearts.
Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge Finn...
😢

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 15-34-58 RainbowBridgePoem - rainbowbridgepoem.pdf.png

Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss.

I guess Finn was an honorary Cruiserhead and Cruiser mechanic.

Pets, especially the ones we grow closer to, help us to stay sane, and to stay human. What we have shared with them, the memories...

Juan

I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and feelings on this. Again I know it’s tech so I don’t want to continue to chop onions here.

Despite having 2 dogs still in the house…1 my oldest daughter had us watch her dog right after the grandchild was born for 2 weeks (the grandkid is 18months now…) and my other daughter lives with us and has a dog, the house is empty and quiet.
Those 2 dogs collectively share 1 brain cell.

I have good times and bad times. No howling when I start the cruiser and he can’t come. No racing to the door when keys jingle. No running to greet me when I get home. No laying outside while I cuss at a cruiser. No following me to every room and laying at my feet when I work.

Life is different and will be for awhile, that’s for sure.

I hope to get some updates done on the cruiser and enjoy some time in the mountains and driving around.

Hopefully soon.

How do you like running the MT tires in the 255/85/16 year round? At least I think you are. Would you go with the new Falcon Wildpeak AT4W instead? My Ute isn’t a daily driver anymore, what little I would get my Ute out on our trails, which can be boggy/muddy I wonder which way to go? The AT4W I think is heavier than the geolander MT’s, which I think are the lightest of the 255/85/16 tires.
Sorry on the early loss of your dog.

How do you like running the MT tires in the 255/85/16 year round? At least I think you are. Would you go with the new Falcon Wildpeak AT4W instead? My Ute isn’t a daily driver anymore, what little I would get my Ute out on our trails, which can be boggy/muddy I wonder which way to go? The AT4W I think is heavier than the geolander MT’s, which I think are the lightest of the 255/85/16 tires.
Sorry on the early loss of your dog.

I like running the MT all year long. The geolanders I have found to be quiet and smooth for a long time.

I ran one set of 255/85r16s and liked those. I’m currently running 285/75r17s. I got around 35k miles and still had some tread left but they were getting tired.

If I were doing a ton of highway miles, I’d lean more towards an AT/XT tire just to get the longer life.

My mileage has dropped down to around 7k a year so not as much concern for wearing them out as fast. Again if I was doing a lot of highway miles, I’d opt for something different.

I like running the MT all year long. The geolanders I have found to be quiet and smooth for a long time.

I ran one set of 255/85r16s and liked those. I’m currently running 285/75r17s. I got around 35k miles and still had some tread left but they were getting tired.

If I were doing a ton of highway miles, I’d lean more towards an AT/XT tire just to get the longer life.

My mileage has dropped down to around 7k a year so not as much concern for wearing them out as fast. Again if I was doing a lot of highway miles, I’d opt for something different.
Thanks for the feedback. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom