1988 BJ73 is it good? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The first look at a possible new to me cruiser should excite you and make it hard to sleep the night before. I appreciate your comment but this not for me you can say that to any American like you who deprived to see and drive LC70 series šŸ˜
It's normal to see a land cruiser every day šŸ˜‰
Lol , dude I am from Europe and have had over a 100 70 series already . Real nice of you to come on a gringo forum and then make fun of them .

Hello,

Since it is a conversion, it is hard to tell how much hacking was involved in the process. They did not bother to change the wipers, which says a lot about the work quality.

Correcting issues inside the truck, if possible, can cost a lot of money.

Even if money is not a problem, when it comes to a Land Cruiser, costs add up quickly. Maybe somebody out there wants this truck for a project...

The price is good to part it out and make a profit. Many parts are discontinued and would benefit other owners.

Last but not least, driving any distance to find something disappointing is a turn-off for many of us. Nevertheless, I would take the chance just for the pleasure of it. Visiting places can be good.

Juan

Last edited:
I am trying to understand why this was done in a country where the 73/74 was already being sold legally there in LHD format.
This has been common practice in some other Arab countries, where the short and middle wheel-base variants J70-74 are rarer, e.g. Egypt. A friend of mine did own such a ex-JDM import (BJ71, factory turbo 13B-T engine) there...

BJ71.jpg

BJ71, engine bay.jpg

Last edited:
Do what all of us do when we think we can fix up a vehicle and make a little money- get your ass kicked on surprise parts and labor and lose your ass on it. From there, you do it again and again because you love Land Cruisers.

I am joking.........sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom