1978 FJ40 frame off restore - Arkansas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Absolutely gorgeous. My next one will be that color. Great job!

Absolutely unbelievable. I particularly like the last pic. I'm hoping to have a similar pic with my kids some day.

Great job on your 40. It looks amazing. Did you repaint the fiberglass top?

Looks great. Glad to see the cruiser population growing in in AR. If you are ever in Bentonville shoot me a PM. Josh

Awsome! Drive it proudly!:cheers:

Great job on your 40. It looks amazing. Did you repaint the fiberglass top?

I repainted the top white and also put in a new headliner. I am pleased with the white as it really "pops" out.

It looks great! Job well done. Go Hogs! MIke

Thanks - WPS Mike!

Looks great. Glad to see the cruiser population growing in in AR. If you are ever in Bentonville shoot me a PM. Josh

Will do Josh - I have in-laws in Rogers.

who did you outsource this to? i live in springdale and have a 40 that would love to look like that...

I outsourced to a local body shop and was pleased with their attention to detail. This shop mostly does insurance work so my project got put on the back burner when the insurance jobs came in. This body shop had the space, tools, and a lot of manpower - plus have a good rep for doing quailty work. They were easy to work with and allowed me to come in their shop anytime to watch and/or take pictures.

Thanks for all the comments.

Cheers :beer:

L J

Great Job

I just found this thread. Very nice job! I live in northwest Arkansas also, little town of Cave Springs. If your going to up in the area PM me also and maybe we can all get together. I am just stating a build myself, body off 40 1976. I really am interested in the 2.5 lift you did and your impression of the ride.

I also just found this thread.. I live in rogers... we should all get together and grab a pizza or something.
I have two Cruisers.. a 75' 40 and a 85' 60

Wow, Just saw the finished product photos.
One nice job and thanks for posting.

Just came across this thread. How are you liking the HFS springs? Great looking rig by the way...maybe one day I can get mine looking that nice. - JP

WOW :cool: :clap: :cheers:

It's apparent that you've taken your time to make sure everything is done correctly. The results are spectacular.

If you get a chance, could you take some measurements for me? I'm in the process of installing a tubular tire carrier on my '78 FJ40, but I don't know where to drill the holes for the mounting tabs (circled in red on your LC).

Thanks in advance,
Dave
tire carrier.jpg

Just came across this thread. How are you liking the HFS springs? Great looking rig by the way...maybe one day I can get mine looking that nice. - JP

The HFS springs are nice. I like the look and and the stance. Thanks for the post. I really have enjoyed this rig since I finished it.

Cheers
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom