Builds ROTW Top end yobbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im going to write this up today as I will be at work tomorro , I hope it doesnt cause any dramas.:grinpimp:
We purchased our 80 series in 2003 to cope with an expanding family, I used to own a 75 series ute.
It was a poverty pack 1993 wagon with very little extra work done on it, that is untill I got my hands on it, then the money started getting spent.
First thing I did was add a cargo barrier , something I think should be mandatory on all wagons, :mad:
then it was basic stuff like seat covers and a 9000pd Warn winch.
It already had a winch bullbar.
Heres a shot from the rear showing the barrier , 40 litre engel and my homemade fold down shelf.These barn doors are not availible in America as far as Im aware, there good though.:)
100_0253.jpg
Heres a good one of overall veiw
100_0237.jpg
heres a shot of the 25 litre water bladder behind the R/H rear trim
100_0254.jpg
100_0253.jpg
100_0237.jpg
100_0254.jpg

Last edited:
buckets

Added some bucket seats from a GXL . Unreal difference from the old 1/3 2/3 seats:bounce:
100_0256.jpg

Heres a pic of the mighty naturally aspirated 1HZ diesel
100_0234.jpg

This is a pic of an AUS spec dash , you will notice a 40 channel GME UHF radio unreal 2 way ,can pick up talk at least 25klm away on duplex.My ARB switches arent there on this photo but are now , rear locker only.
Aux battery gauge and GPS are are there.
Ver ynice steering wheel cover fron Independent motor mart
100_0255.jpg
100_0256.jpg
100_0255.jpg
100_0234.jpg

Last edited:
Topend,
Great truck you got there! I would like to know more details on the water system setup you have. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

On a base model cruiser there is nothing behind that trim.Its a moulded bladder that screws to the top of the steel area.

New compressor

This is the new ARB air locker compressor just released in Aus specifically to run air lockers.You blokes may not have seen it yet.Jealous?
100_0257.jpg

Heres some WHEELING pics
100_0240.jpg
100_0248.jpg
100_0257.jpg
100_0240.jpg
100_0248.jpg

Extras

Usually has a heavy duty steel roof rack but I took it off for the wet season , vehicle looks much better with it on

dont go out bush much at the moment as its the middle of the wet season and 100% humidity.As soon as that goes in 4 months its camping season again, cant wait to try that locker in anger.

mainly stubbies and my wife making my lunch when Im not in the bad books.

Looks great - a "real " Landcruiser! Without the silly wheel well mouldings too!

Last edited:
Very Nice!!!

Yes, i am jealous!

Some day, i will do the rear ambulance door mod!!! Some Day!!!

Nice rig!

Nice write-up and thanks for contributing. For us yanks, what is "stubbies" Just love it when the two guys from down under talk to each other.

Romer said:
Nice write-up and thanks for contributing. For us yanks, what is "stubbies" Just love it when the two guys from down under talk to each other.

I know I know stubbies means "Kids" right?

I used to think i like those barn doors. but now sleeping in the back of my rig and using the upper tail gate to shelter me from rain getting things in and out of the truck and also the US doors are great for putting a tarp over the end which adds a good 3 feet of leg room when sleeping makes me appreciate the US doors more.

Still nice truck. How is that diesel without a turbo? Enough grunt?

topend yobbo said:
On a base model cruiser there is nothing behind that trim.Its a moulded bladder that screws to the top of the steel area.

A little more info please or pics!

rolliges said:
A little more info please or pics!

:bounce: did you make this yourself? details please. How do you clean it out etc.

stubbies means beer bottles .
Yes the water tank is an ARB flexi tank , I clean it by adding a tiny bit of bi carb of soda and flushing through.
No comments on the new compressor yet?Is it availible overseas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom