Builds 1985 BJ70 Story and Modifications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Ben! @theferg

To be quite honest, there is nothing wrong with the H55 that I just pulled out. It didn't pop out of 5th, no weird noises and ran smooth.

I just took advantage of them still being available. Though, the swapping of the input shaft and finding the correct bearing retainer really made me wonder about the path I've chosen.

Send me a PM and we can chat about different things on these H55 swaps.

-Alberto

Alberto and I are simply discussing Guinness Beer. :)
So......that would be beer tech? :)

On a serious and technical note, an H55 is a thing of beauty.

upload_2015-8-29_21-25-23.png

PS - Sláinte!
upload_2015-8-29_21-21-22.png

Alberto... Just found this thread as well thanks to your input in your BJ40 thread. Love the photos of your Canaima trip. Also love the 70 build. You've got me seriously considering a 70 for my next purchase... They've got them over here. Your build is fantastic. Simple, clean, functional, everything a cruiser should be.

About 2 years ago, I called Marv Spector to see if he could find me a set of 15 x 7 Toyota Wheels, they are referred on the www.SOR.com website as Sahara Wheels:

Page 080 Land Cruiser Front Rims and Hub Caps

Marv and I used to talk from time to time about Venezuela, about politics in Venezuela, and about random Cruiser items. He also knew my friends Fernando and Omar and Marv used to call us "The Crazy Venezuelans". Rest in peace, Marv. Marv's departure was a great loss to the Land Cruiser Community.

Marv mentioned that he might have seen a few, but not a full set of five. I asked him to walk his yard again and find me a set of five!

I have seen the Sahara wheels in HJ60/61, and also in some LX 70-series with factory fender flares.

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.PNG

4.png

5.PNG

After trying a couple of ideas to install AUX lights on the front bumper, a decision was made to include two (2) General Electric lights fabricating some off-set mounting tabs to clear the winch. When the shop built the front bumper they didn't have a winch in front of them to estimate how far the tabs needed to be to clear the 8274.

546.JPG

547.JPG

Very, very, nice........

Very, very, nice........

Thank you, Dan!!!...a lot of the parts of the 70 came from you, so Thank You!

What Dan said :clap:

Thank you, Ward!...it was great to finally meet you in AL a few weeks ago

Man those wheels are so popular here in KSA for the 60 series'. Split rims are #1 followed by the Sahara rims

Very nice indeed

Thank you!!!!...I really liked those wheels, I am glad Marv found a set for me.

Beautiful .....

Thank you, Charles!!

So, last week I drove about 1600 miles from Cincinnati, OH to Moab, UT for a week of wheeling and camping with some friends.

I will just share a few photos and name some of the trails we did.

Some photos of the way there entering Colorado

548.JPG

549.JPG

550.JPG

551.JPG

552.JPG

If you notice, I installed slightly longer shackles to help with clearance for the tires and also for the weight of the truck loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom