LED bulbs vs the blinker flasher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pics for reference. You can see in the 2nd pic the cover needed to be notched to fit over the new relay tabs.

DSCF6520.jpg

DSCF6535.jpg

DSCF6538.jpg
DSCF6520.jpg
DSCF6535.jpg
DSCF6538.jpg

Good news for Napa customers! But...

Napa is really underappreciated. So many folks go to the discount stores instead, getting questionable advice and parts. I've had workers at Kragen give me impossible "advice" and their parts fail upon install. But I used to go there for oil if Costco didn't have it.

Now that I live in France, we don't have Napa in Europe. If nobody knows which is the correct flasher from formerly-responsive SuperBrightLEDs.com outfit, then I'll just ask my brother to buy me one of those Napa part EP-34 and send it to me in the mail. Thanks for the great writeup and pics!
:cheers:

What is the bulb number for the turn signals? Then I can get everything at once.
I had horrible trouble last night with LEDs in my instrument panel.
Can't get them to stop flashing.
Think I need to bypass the variable resistor.

I am still battling rapid flashing turn signals on my '00 100 series after replacing the bulbs with LEDs. Does anyone know if I could use this relay in place of a load resistor? If so, where would it go? I can't seem to find the turn signal relay on the vehicle, but I may just be blind...

EP29L LED Bulb Electronic Flasher | 1995 Vehicle Flashers | Super Bright LEDs

@TheForger Was wondering if you have tried this relay, and if it fixed the rapid flashing for turn signal in 100 series? I tried replacing the rear turn signal and it flashed rapidly on my 98 LC.

Chris

I used the Napa flasher and it made absolutely no difference. Still had frenetic high speed blinking.

I used the Napa flasher and it made absolutely no difference. Still had frenetic high speed blinking.

This saves me a trip to Napa. Thanks for sharing!
Chris

Napa EP doesn't work the Superbright one for Toyota does.

-A

@bctlex No Chris, I have not even bought it yet. I put this project on the back burner now that school has started again. Engineering classes don't leave much time for messing with the LC...

I'm going to reopen this because its relevant to my issue.

I replaced most of my rear lights with LED's on my 97 lx450 and get the fast flash turn signal. When I replaced the front two signal bulbs with LED I get no turn signal response in front or back whatsoever. I then replaced the Toyota flasher in the driver door panel with the aforementioned Napa flasher unit and had no change whatsoever, with or without the jumper. So I reinstalled the regular flasher bulbs in the front and have the fast flash in the back and flash in the front for now but i'd really like to use the led's. I'd like to just plug in a new flasher relay but the NAPA one above doesn't seem to work for mine. Is there another Flasher unit anyone could recommend?
I hate to keep keep throwing money at flasher units that aren't going to work.
Tub

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't read your flasher comment about superbright correctly the first time around, not sure how I missed it. I'll buy the superbright today and hopefully it will rectify the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom